cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TusharDev_Qlik
Creator II
Creator II

How to fetch members of AD group into Qlik Nprinting using LDAP as a source

I am trying to fetch users from AD group into Qlik Nprinting. I am using LDAP Administrator tool to get the field values to filter. I am using LDAP as a source in the import task and followed some of the Qlik community posts to setup the same but it is importing only the AD group when tested and not members of it. Could you please share some sample import task with test AD group?

Labels (2)
11 Replies
TusharDev_Qlik
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@David_Friend @Ruggero_Piccoli I was able to fetch the users from the LDAP group now but the only issue now is it also creates that LDAP group in Nprinting. If we keep the Group filter blank , it fetches 200-300 extra groups not sure why. Any idea how to not import AD group but only its members.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you want to filter only users that are part of a specific group you have to add the related LDAP filter in the "Additional user filters". Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

If you add LDAP filters into "Additional group filters" you will limit the imported groups.

You can add LDAP filters to both by using standard LDAP filter syntax. Qlik NPrinting will send the added filters to the LDAP server that will evaluate them and returns the entities.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.