cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Analyst240
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to import full reports/stories

When I create a Nprinting report I see all of my assets(Images,Tables, ect..) I am wondering if it is possible to just import the full report or story rather than rebuilding it. For example I have a report I am building for another employee who has raw data set sheet and such but also has a user story power point they want sent out through Nprinting. This is my goal. When I set up Nprinting though I am shown all of my assets, tables, images ect. I would just like to simply pull in the power point that is already there rather than recreating it if possible.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Reusability of stories is not possible in NPrinting.

The only configuration which allows you to do this is Entity reports build in QlikView!

Qlik Sense stories however work differently and cannot be used for scheduled reporting purpose.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Reusability of stories is not possible in NPrinting.

The only configuration which allows you to do this is Entity reports build in QlikView!

Qlik Sense stories however work differently and cannot be used for scheduled reporting purpose.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Todd_Margolis
Employee
Employee

Hi,

We understand how valuable Qlik Sense Stories could be and are actively working on improvements. The ability to schedule & distribute Qlik Sense Stories is on our roadmap to deliver next year. We're very excited for this new capability so please stay tuned as we continue to work on it.

Cheers,
Todd

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This will first require complete change in how Qlik Sense stories will work, so I am really looking forward to what is coming...

gsiva1220
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Todd,

Is it available now?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @gsiva1220, no - it is not

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @gsiva1220 ,

If you need to move a report template from an installation to another refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Import...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.