Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
florent1
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to keep Sense theme in NPrinting report ?

Hello, 

I am working on a NPrinting report which is basically made of screenshots of entire Sense app sheets.

My source app theme is set to "Horizon Sense" ("Sense Focus" would work as well).
What interest me in that theme is that each object is well defined (as you can see in my attachments).

The problem is that NPrinting doesn't keep this theme when generating the report. It keeps rendering the sheets with the  "Sense Classic" theme (which is exactly the theme I don't want in my report because objects aren't well defined).

For information, the "Apply Sense app theme" check box is checked in the connection I use.

Can someone help me please ?

Florent

Versions I use : 
- NPrinting May 2023 SR1
- Qlik Sense August 2023 Patch 2

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

I am not sure what your expectations are.

I have tested it and theme colours are being applied when I have changed between themes. Looking at the help site these are the documented features:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects-supp...

You can import your Qlik Sense app theme settings when configuring a connection by selecting Apply Sense app theme, and the theme will be applied to Qlik objects displayed in Qlik NPrinting reports created using that connection. See: Connecting to Qlik Sense apps.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1697792212230.png

Based on that documentation I expect only chart colours to be applied and not other theme features like borders/backgrounds etc.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @florent1 

Going through November 2023 Qlik Sense technical release I could see this comment which will fix that problem for you:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Sense-Enterprise-on-Windows-Release-Notes-Technical-Prev...

Key

Title

Description

QB-17864

Visualizations: NPrinting reports do not keep original theme background

NPrinting theme with cards was showing a white background. This has been solved and the background is grey with a border visible around the cards.

hope this helps.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

I am not sure what your expectations are.

I have tested it and theme colours are being applied when I have changed between themes. Looking at the help site these are the documented features:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects-supp...

You can import your Qlik Sense app theme settings when configuring a connection by selecting Apply Sense app theme, and the theme will be applied to Qlik objects displayed in Qlik NPrinting reports created using that connection. See: Connecting to Qlik Sense apps.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1697792212230.png

Based on that documentation I expect only chart colours to be applied and not other theme features like borders/backgrounds etc.

cheers

Lech

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @florent1 

Going through November 2023 Qlik Sense technical release I could see this comment which will fix that problem for you:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Sense-Enterprise-on-Windows-Release-Notes-Technical-Prev...

Key

Title

Description

QB-17864

Visualizations: NPrinting reports do not keep original theme background

NPrinting theme with cards was showing a white background. This has been solved and the background is grey with a border visible around the cards.

hope this helps.

cheers

florent1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

This is exactly what I meant, thank you for the follow-up on this topic !

Have a good day,

Florent