Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tevkar1
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to make toolbar for filtering visible tasks available to ordinary users ?

Hi,

As an administrator, I can see the toolbar below when listing publish tasks list:

tevkar1_0-1718712298976.png

We have a security rule for viewer users with the settings below. They can't see the toolbar above

tevkar1_1-1718712518393.png

Any suggestions ?

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@tevkar1 

Keep in mind that Task Execution view is an Admin feature.

In any case try this:

• go to the 'Admin' Tab in your NP security role.
  • choose all three check boxes in 'task executions'
  • Note you may also need to select 'view and edit' under the 'settings' section.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
tevkar1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @Frank_S . We have configured as recommended. It didn't help however - They can't still see the toolbar to filter listing.

tevkar1_0-1718873114910.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @tevkar1 

That toolbar comes with "Create" Publish task role

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1718876192029.png

cheers 

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

I've created a brand new role and tested with minimal permissions that I sent you and it works on this end. (Notice the limited views of this role user).

Ensure that you add your custom role to the user (User1) in this example.

However, in your custom role, make sure that you have given access to at least one or more apps.

I suggest you create a 'test' user and assign your custom role to your test user so you don't have to do your tests with production user accounts.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Frank_S 

The question is not about "Task executions" - it is about Publish Tasks - > and then toolbar when you can filter tasks by apps etc...

For that you need to have Publish Task - Create permission which. If you only have Publish task view - you dont get to see dropdowns where you can filter apps. 

For some reason "Create" permission on publish task makes whole bar (including create button) visible

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1718925636548.png

If I am honest - this is a BUG as filtering tasks should not rely on "Create" permission!

Cheers.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.