Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

How to redirect recipient mailbox when testing report publish task ?

Hi,

I need to run a large test sending report by email, but I can´t send to the original recipients because it´s a test. Each recipient have a user filter. 

So I need to redirect each e-mail to my mailbox so I can review how the emails are being sending out.

Any clue on how to do this ?

Regards,

Pablo

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Pablo, this is rather not possible.. my usual approach is to send reports to user folders instead of emails to check content they would receive

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Rprint
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Pablo,

As previous response informed - I would also recommend that you send it to your own inbox. If you want to review all report filers applied on user level I would suggest you to setup a cycle on the report level to receive all reports in a zip file. You can then review them individually. You can also just send them to a folder on your server if the purpose is to see that the reports look good. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi @Rprint 

Based on other conversations (other topics @pablolabbe  asked) it looks like he wants to test it with section access hence sending it via email to one receipient will not work as it will only apply data reduction to that recipient... also setting up cycles on reports will not really help to investigate if particular recipient will receive correct information (as there may be recipient filters applied on top of it and again for it to work you need to have that recipient added to publish task). 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Rprint
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Lech! (New account ,just switched from partner to the client side - been talking to you in other cases! )

I see, he didn't mention SA in the topic. However, I believe that cycle through the field applied as filter on user level and then sending that report to you gives you a correct view of the finished product. I mean, if those reports show wrong numbers there's something else wrong with the report anyhow. What you can do is also apply a variable to the actually report name stating the user filter so that you know exactly which data the report contain.

Then you'll able to test both report content and also if you added things to the actual mail body.

/R

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Guys, 

Yes, I was asking about the requirements to apply section access to the report but we now decided to use user filters.  See my post here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-Section-Access-Qliksense/m-p/1656...

In my initial testing I was using cycle and sending all reports to my account using Newsstand as destination because I don't have access to the server's local disk and neither a shared folder to use as destination folder.  

Now for the final testing we need to assure that data reduction applied by user filter is correct. 

I made some research and found a discussion talking about smtp4dev https://github.com/rnwood/smtp4dev..Maybe this tool could redirect all emails to a mailbox as I need. I will check it.

Pablo