Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bunim
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to send emails by using a variable in Nprinting?

Hi,

I have a table with a City column and a Emailadres column.

I created a variable that contain the email address.

I am tring to use the variable as an email address by the Nprinting Email message.

So the report will be sent to a different email address for each city.

But it is not working for me.

I will be thanks for any help or different idea to solve it.

Bunim.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Bunim

Further, I would like to clarify your requirement.

"I have a table with a City column and a EmailAddress column"

" report will be sent to a different email address for each city "

Do you mean that you want to simply send a report to each email address for each city and the report to contain the data for that city only.

I am extrapolating a bit here so If yes, then to send a filtered city by city report to a specific email address for each individual city, there is a way to do that.

It is using by using NPrinting 'user' filters.

You would need to

Hope this helps...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Bunim 

This is not how the variable emails work in NPrinting and your approach will not function. 

Instead for each email you need to create a user with respective user filter. You can do it by creating excel file with all required data. Template and explanation is available in official Qlik help site: https://help.qlik.com

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cea5_eO4V-c

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Bunim

Further, I would like to clarify your requirement.

"I have a table with a City column and a EmailAddress column"

" report will be sent to a different email address for each city "

Do you mean that you want to simply send a report to each email address for each city and the report to contain the data for that city only.

I am extrapolating a bit here so If yes, then to send a filtered city by city report to a specific email address for each individual city, there is a way to do that.

It is using by using NPrinting 'user' filters.

You would need to

Hope this helps...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Bunim
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Frank.

It will be nice if in the next version of NPrinting will be an option to cycle a field and the report will be send to the email that connected to the field.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi  @Bunim ,

Changes to the way filtering is applied in NPrinting are unlikely to change as we had that request (like yours to cycle through field and send emails) for last 6 years and they were not implemented. I would therefore ensure that i design the reports in line with the existing solutions to avoid any issues in future.

cheers

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.