cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabriella_bonfi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to show label from "select range" in PowerPoint chart using Nprinting 17

Hi, I have a table in a Qlik Sense App with two measures, one in an Amount Form and the other in a Percentage Form. I would like to create a PowerPoint Report using Nprinting 17: I need to create a bar chart with a double data labels (both amount and percentage form);

to do this, I select percentage set in Labels Option->Value From Cells but report's generation causes Power Point crash.

How can I solve this problem?

4 Replies
gabriella_bonfi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I try to give you some details:

I am using qliksenseserver 12.5.2 (February 2018), Nprinting February 2018 SR1 Version: 18.0.4, Power Point 2016.

screen1.png

1. I loaded my table in Nprinting; in this example, my measures are Stanziamento_1 and Stanziamento(%)_1; t5 is my dimension;

2. I created a bar chart in my ppt template using Nprinting tag for dimension t5 and measure Stanziamento_1;

3. In Format Data Labels -> Label Option, I inserted Stanziamento(%)_1 in Value From Cells (4).

After report's extraction the following error is generated:

screen2.png

I tried to click on repair button but at the end slide 4 in my ppt is a blank sheet.

screen3.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Is it possible that your % values are not numbers (but they are exported as a text and therefore MsPowerPoint cannot use it in a chart?

If i were you i would start by extracting this table to NPrinitng Excel report to see how data is shown when landing in excel. I am 100 sure you will get little green triangle when you export it to excel suggesting your data is not a number but text.,...

Then you would have to make sure that the format in Qlik is numeric...

Capture.PNG

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
gabriella_bonfi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

No, my measure is a number, I used this measure in an other bar chart and extraction is perfect! In the chart's excel source my values are numbers. Anyway, thanks for your answer. Other suggestions?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

well,

in this case we might need little bit more help from you.

• whiuch exact version of NPrinitng and Qlik are you using (provide SR versions too as they differ)
  • any chance we can mock up your solution and try to recreate problem
    • sharing of the template and reduced version of Qlik app would be a help

On weekend i might be able to try to replicate this issue.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.