Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dewan_abdullah
Partner - Contributor III

I connected a Qlik Nprinting server to Qlik Sense server and now the older nprinting server is not working

After connecting the new Qlik Nprinting server (Version 2020) the old Nprinting server (Version 2018) is failing, the connection verification (X Installed certificates are valid to connect to Qlik Sense). My question is how can I stop the new Nprinting server and make the older one work again?

I tried the following:

Re exporting and importing the certificates on the old server.

Stopped all services on the new server.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Labels (2)
9 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There are few things which are not clear and may play important role

1. license: Do you have 2 separate licenses for those 2 instances?
  2. versions of NPrinting and especially of Qlik Sense
  3. are you connecting NPrinting to the same Qlik Sense instance?
  4. are all 3 (new, old nprinting and qlik sense) on dedicated 3 different servers?
  5. When exporting certificates are you exporting it for old NPrinting hostname?
    1. when importing it are you using certificate installer or do you just put certificates in the drop folder?

Answering those questions may help us understand the problem.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
dewan_abdullah
Author

Hi Lech,

1. No, I used the same license. ( But now I deactivated it from the new one)

2. Nprinting 2018, Nprinting May 2021 and Qlik Sense May 2021

3. Yes I had both Nprinting connected to the same Qlik Sense instance.

4. Yes all 3 are on 3 different servers.

5. When exporting yes i used the old Hostname. And imported through the certificate installer.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

After upgrading Qlik NPrinting to a newer version you cannot roll back to the older one. The only way is if you have a full backup of the old version so you can start from a clean installation and restore the backup.

Please note that the oldest supported version is September 2020 so you have to install it or a newer one. 

Qlik Sense compatibility is listed in the help site at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem... or select your version of Qlik NPrinting in the drop-down menu. You can connect Qlik NPrinting with only supported versions of Qlik Sense. 

To have a better understanding of your issue please answer to @Lech_Miszkiewicz 's questions, also some screenshots of the error you have will be useful.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
dewan_abdullah
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

I took backup of the old version. Will it work if I just restore it?

Kindly find the screenshot of the error in the attachments.

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You have to generate and install Qlik Sense certificates again as explained in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/NPrinting-with-...

Don't install an old no more supported version.

Be sure that Qlik Sense version you are trying to connect is supported by the version of Qlik NPrinting you are using.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
dewan_abdullah
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Nprinting 2018 was working fine with Qlik Sense May 2021. We're moving the whole Nprinting Setup to a new upgraded server. And we wanted Nprinting to stay up until we finish the migration process. But unfortunately, the connections crashed when we imported the certificates to the newer Nprinting server. So in the mean time we want to stop this new nprinting server and keep the old one until we make everything ready on the new server.

Best Regards,

Abdullah 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

So you have two Qlik NPrinting servers running at the same time and you need to activate two licenses at least for a temporary period. 

You have to export the certificates again from Qlik Sense for the new Qlik NPrinting server, you cannot use the certificates exported for the older server. If you already exported the certificates be sure you did the whole process correctly because the error in the screenshot is related to the wrong Qlik Sense certificates.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
dewan_abdullah
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I tried using two different licenses. The new nprinting is still working fine, but the old nprinting is still giving the same error even after exporting and importing the certificates to the old server.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Abdullah

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The most important thing is that the old NPrinting is not supported with the version of Qlik Sense you are using as NPrinting version must be equal or newer than Qlik Sense version. That is clearly stated in documentation and was always a case. The fact that it worked in the past is not an argument as that is exactly why it is not supported as it can just stop working in not supported configuration. 

From my experience with NPrinting the most important thing to do is always ensure that configuration is supported so instead of trying to fix something what is not supported I would try to upgrade unsupported version and get it working in supported configuration. 

regards

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.