Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Image cropping through NPrinting scheduler.

Hi All,

I am new to NPrinting. We are currently using Qlikview 11.20 SR13 version and NPrinting 16.5 version.

I have created a Qlikview entity report(Sheet as an image) and added this to task.If I am running this task through scheduler the image gets cropped at the right side. If I am running the same task through manually then it works perfectly.

Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Manoj Dhanpal.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shun_wong
Partner - Contributor III

Hi, try using qv 11.2 Sr12 or below. There is a bug with Sr 13 and above where it doesn't maximise your qv application fast enough for the screenshot to be taken for your first report into nprinting. Subsequent reports are usually fine.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

I have the same problem but it is not connected with nprinting. I see it also when copying the sheet image directly from OV Desktop.

The problem happens when the Clipboard zoom is set to more than 100%.

BR,

Matus

mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Update:

I tested it also on QV12.1 on different machine and there it happens at 100% and 50% zoom as well.

Matus

Not applicable
Author

Dear Matus Kelemen,

Clipboard zoom size is already set to 100% only. Even if the clipboard zoom set less than 100% the problem remains same.

Thanks and regards,

Manoj Dhanpal.

shun_wong

Hi, try using qv 11.2 Sr12 or below. There is a bug with Sr 13 and above where it doesn't maximise your qv application fast enough for the screenshot to be taken for your first report into nprinting. Subsequent reports are usually fine.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Shun Wong,

Thanks much. It is very helpfull.

Thanks and Regards,

Manoj Dhanpal.

mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

No luck for me. I downgraded to SR12 but the image is still cropped 

Matus

shun_wong

Hi Matus,

On this version, can you check the following?

• User Preferences ->Export ->Clipboard zoom = 100%
  • Ensure when QV document is maximised, all objects can be seen on screen
    • NP16, when taking a sheet as image, it seems to just screenshot of what is available.
  • In design mode, check every object on your screen to ensure it doesn't trail off the screen with empty blank space.

If this doesn't work, I would recommend logging a call to Qlik support.

Many thanks,

Shun

mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

actually this is not a NP problem - I use the Copy Image to Clipboard directly in QV and get the same problems.

Clipboard zoom on 100% and objects visible on screen helps. It also works on SR15 so I do not have to downgrade.

This somehow depends on the complexity of the sheet as well. Simple sheet with few textboxes works ok with 100% and also 200% zoom. But a sheet with a complex chart has problems.

Thanks for your help,

Matus

pauledrich
Creator
Creator

We had the same issue where only two thirds of the image width is collected and this was a result of an upgrade of desktop - reverting to qv 11.2 Sr12 after uninstalling and reinstalling corrected the problem. Wondering whether the issue rolls over into QV12?