Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
divyasivathanu
Contributor II
Contributor II

Import Recipients option in Qlik Nprinting 2019

Hi Community, 

Would like to know whether there is a option to import recipients and its respective filters in the Nprinting 2019.

I tried with the attached template, but it doesn't work as in Nprinting 2016.

Please let know whether this feature is available in the new version , else we have to repeat creating the same Nprinting task and hardcode the recipients for each filters.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You are feeding not enough information. When you do import there is log file - you can download for each time you do import - what does that log says? It will tell you that you are either missing information, or that email already exists etc...

We are not there with and we cannot see what you are doing, but recipient import template is quite straight forward. Dont change sheet and column names and only populate with data. Then when you import see the log and you will have answer.

Once user is loaded you can see users under Admin section of NPrinting Web console. Open a user and check what filters that person has. If you dont have an access to that section - talk to your admin so you can get at least read only access - this can be done by creating a security rule which will give such type of access

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is documented in the official help site and it can easily be found at the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Use... by using the buil-in search feature.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
divyasivathanu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi , 

I updated the import template and used as attached.

Filter is now added, but user is not added using this import file.

Is there a way to check the filters of respective users as in NP16.

I am not sure whether all the features are open to developers or it is restricted to admins, that's why I had this query.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You are feeding not enough information. When you do import there is log file - you can download for each time you do import - what does that log says? It will tell you that you are either missing information, or that email already exists etc...

We are not there with and we cannot see what you are doing, but recipient import template is quite straight forward. Dont change sheet and column names and only populate with data. Then when you import see the log and you will have answer.

Once user is loaded you can see users under Admin section of NPrinting Web console. Open a user and check what filters that person has. If you dont have an access to that section - talk to your admin so you can get at least read only access - this can be done by creating a security rule which will give such type of access

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
divyasivathanu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

From your reply I understand that I don't have access to see the user related filters. I shall request our Admin Team to provide access and then try importing.

I checked the import log file and was able to find the issue. 

Thanks for your reply.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yeah - you need to be able to see users first, to be able to see their filters. This is submenu which is part of the tree like below:

• Admin
    • Users
      • User Name (select)
        • Overview
        • Details
        • Distribution
        • Groups
        • Filters
        • Rolse
divyasivathanu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I am able to generate reports based on user filters. I got read access to Admin>> Users section.

But I am facing a restriction of mail generated only for users having admin access in 'TO' field.

The issue is also reported to our Admin team. Is there a way to solve this?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @divyasivathanu ,

Please open a new post for every new question, thanks.

Please add more details, because I'm not sure I understood correctly your question. Qlik NPrinting will generate and send emails to the users that are in the To, CC or BCC field of the email part of the publish task. If a user doesn't receive the email with the report it could be that the user is not in the task or that the SMTP server is not delivering that email. Check the Qlik NPrinting and the SMTP server logs.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.