Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Import report seem to fail

Hi all,

I need to make a new report based on another one already built.

The environment is the same, the application is the same, only one filter will change.

I followed the steps mentioned here https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/ReportsDevelopment/Import-export-report-... to export the actual report, import it as a new report, change the name and add one filter.

The report is successfully created but I cannot preview it, it seems the filters are not working. When previewing, the following error shows:

andrefpc_0-1714390044493.png

As stated above, everything is the same, the NPrinting server is the same, the qlik sense app is the same. I'm able to preview the report without filters but, when I add one filter, the error occurs.

I'm using NPrinting May 2022 SR4 (22.15.14.0) with QlikSense February 2023 (14.113.2)

Thanks in advance.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The filters applied to the new template returns an empty dataset. Check that all selected values are valid, you can also try to apply the same selections in the source app to be sure there are resulting values.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I bet you the filter is wrong. It will be one of those filters where you didnt consider data type and you have applied “value is” filter when in reality you should have applied “numerical value is” as underlying data is date or dual - here you have explanation: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/02/15/the-pitfalls-of-nprinting-filters-part-1-dates-and-duals/

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The filters applied to the new template returns an empty dataset. Check that all selected values are valid, you can also try to apply the same selections in the source app to be sure there are resulting values.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks for your time Ruggero,

The filters are correctly applied to the original report, since this new report is a copy from the original report I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. I'm able to apply the selections to the app...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I bet you the filter is wrong. It will be one of those filters where you didnt consider data type and you have applied “value is” filter when in reality you should have applied “numerical value is” as underlying data is date or dual - here you have explanation: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/02/15/the-pitfalls-of-nprinting-filters-part-1-dates-and-duals/

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You could remove one filter and run a preview. If it doesn't work remove another filter and so on until you will find the filter causing the issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you both for your time. I wouldn't bet you because I would loose 🙂

It was indeed the filters. I've changed the new filter to "numerical value is" as suggested and it worked.

Thanks!