Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JOHN9
Contributor II
Contributor II

Importing user/user groups from Excel will effect the eisxting manually created users and user groups

Hi Team,

I am new to Qlik Nprinting.

Just wanted to clarify the Qlik Nprinting user import task functionality.

For Example, We have a Qlik Nprinting setup with few manually created users/user groups and also imported users from Excel files named as Project A.xls for Project A. and project B also having separate  set of users in Excel file Project B.xls

If we have checked all the checkboxes and run the import task, post execution it will delete users/groups if not present in latest import task source xls file.

JOHN9_0-1694177332724.png

As, Per my Understanding Even If I am importing 2 completely different set of users list there no chance to have same user in both excel sources then it will not create any issues like deleting the users and user groups until unless I am checking.

1. Remove user if not present in the list and 

2. Remove group if not present in the newest import

3. Remove filter if not present in the newest import.

I am trying to automate the user import activity with Qlik Data, if without checking above 3 check boxes we can import the users from excel right, I think it will not delete any users can any one please confirm.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

John  

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@JOHN9 

It sounds like you have pretty strong understanding of the import process.

Additional thoughts:

• If you create separate import files then I suggest that ensure you are using 3 separate import tasks (if you aren't already doing so). Schedule them to run in series, not concurrently as concurrent execution of task import jobs may result in import errors.
  • Also, any NP users created manually in the NP web consoled "Admin>Users" shouldn't be impacted by the import process. Thus this means you might want to delete those manually created NP users and re-import them with the task import process (recommend that you do not use this tool to manage administrator role members).

Others here will likely give you additional feedback.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@JOHN9 

It sounds like you have pretty strong understanding of the import process.

Additional thoughts:

• If you create separate import files then I suggest that ensure you are using 3 separate import tasks (if you aren't already doing so). Schedule them to run in series, not concurrently as concurrent execution of task import jobs may result in import errors.
  • Also, any NP users created manually in the NP web consoled "Admin>Users" shouldn't be impacted by the import process. Thus this means you might want to delete those manually created NP users and re-import them with the task import process (recommend that you do not use this tool to manage administrator role members).

Others here will likely give you additional feedback.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
JOHN9
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank You  @Frank_S 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The flags in the screenshot are explained in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

A users import task can delete only users created by the same task:

• a user import task can't delete users that you manually created before or imported by another import task.
  • if you delete an import task that already created users you will be able to delete them manually or via APIs https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=63.
  • if you want to be sure that some users are never deleted by import tasks you have to create them manually or via APIs. For example, your installation administrators.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.