Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Individual and Group Report

I need to create  4 reports(PowerPoint):

1- for a group of 3 countries.(aggregation)

2-4 - for each of the 3 countries.

Is there a way that I can use the same report? 

I do want to use Pages as this will create one report for each country and the Group.

It would be good if NP allow to set up a cycle when the report is being published not only when is created.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Robert,

My standard approach would be to make sure it is all data driven. In this case I would use only use Cycle report(Group) report would be result of cycle.

Filtering (if necessary done on Country Field or Grouping Dimension - depending on needs)

So first I would create Grouping Dimension - Total for all and then individual countries. That can be done in Qlik script easily. 

GroupingDimensionCountry
TotalAustralia
TotalUSA
TotalGB
AustraliaAustralia
USAUSA
GBGB

Then I would use Enable Cycle and would cycle over Grouping Dimension field. That will always create a version for Total and for countries.

1.png

Would that be solution for you?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Robert.

Are you really using 17.3 version? If you do - My only suggestion is to upgrade. A LOT has changed since v17.3 in terms of performance, stability and general product functionality. 

From top of my head 17.3 was still a version which i would consider "unusable" due to amount of bugs and issues 🙂

NPrinting 17 and above was rapidly developed throughout last few years. Report Cycle (feature which you are likely to seek in this case) was introduced in version September 2017:

Report cycles
Jira issue ID: PS-1248
Qlik NPrinting September 2017 can generate a separate report file for each
combination of one or more dimension values. Each report will be filtered
according with the combination of values that generates it. For example,
the report file generated for the combination Year = 2017 and Country =
USA will contain only data related to USA in 2017. Each generated report
file will have a unique and customizable filename. For this reason, the
dynamic naming feature will be enabled every time you select cycling.
This was a gap feature from Qlik NPrinting 16.

Workaround - I consider this workaround as clunky - but I am just throwing it there so other people can mabe benefit from it. So workaround would be to create 1 report and 4 tasks, then drive its production using no filters or appriopriate filters for each country. 

So my suggestion would be to upgrade or if you cannot upgrade to use workaround.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
robert_mika
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Lech,

Thank you for your answer

Sorry, I should have written version Feb 2020.

Fat fingers....:)

You right the solution is ok.

It will work but:

You need 4 times the amount of work:

Assigning Groups/writing emails, triggers etc.

What if your loop has 10 Countries or 20? The user will get 20 emails...

The simplest solution is to have an option to cycle on the report within Task as we have with rules

(Or on task if that's not possible) or possibility to duplicate reports very quickly- without using export/import options.

I hope this will be developed in the feature.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Robert - If you are on Feb 2020 then yes - you can use Cycle Report when executing  task..

This is available and can be used. I don't understand then why you are not able to use it?

Am I missing something?

robert_mika
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Lech,

Thank you for swift replay.

Can you point to an option, please?

If I want to have one task and two reports(the same report):

1)Cycle

2) Group

A screenshot would be great.

The other option I just found is to use Replace in the Report section.

Create a new Report, then Replace it with the current report- then add cycle.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Robert,

My standard approach would be to make sure it is all data driven. In this case I would use only use Cycle report(Group) report would be result of cycle.

Filtering (if necessary done on Country Field or Grouping Dimension - depending on needs)

So first I would create Grouping Dimension - Total for all and then individual countries. That can be done in Qlik script easily. 

GroupingDimensionCountry
TotalAustralia
TotalUSA
TotalGB
AustraliaAustralia
USAUSA
GBGB

Then I would use Enable Cycle and would cycle over Grouping Dimension field. That will always create a version for Total and for countries.

1.png

Would that be solution for you?