Did you mean: 
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II

Invalid Selection in Nprinting

Hi 

I have a report to be generated in PPT.

I use object filters. 

I use same object ID for two times with two different filters.

Example: Obj ID : 1234 Filter : Month = Jan

Obj ID : 1234 (same as before) Filter : Month = Dec.

Second filter with Month DEC is reflecting but the first object says Invalid selection. Please help.  

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @qlikuser22 

It's not clear how you are creating your report template but you should do:

1. ensure you add the table twice under the connection so the second table has _1 appended to it

2. Have two separate filters created ie: 2016 and 2017 filters

3. add 2016 to the first table

Frank_S_0-1619802654717.png

4. add 2017 to the second table

Frank_S_1-1619802693851.png

5. Finally, make sure you are not using the Year (in your case the "month" dimension) as a filter on the report, any user filter, task filter as this would cause invalid selections as per filter rules.

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Frank

Thanks for your reply.

But I use PPT format.

Image -> Add objects -> pPpJa (object1)

Image -> Add objects -> pPpJa_1 (object2)

Now I apply separate filters for both. But only object 2 filter is reflecting and not object 1.  And I am not using the month dimension as a filter in the report.  Do help. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is very hard to understand what is happening via community posts without images and the possibility to test. I suggest you to open a support ticket with everything we need to be able to reproduce the issue (.qvf with demo data, the template and steps to reproduce).

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

You can filter Image and table objects in the same way with PPTX as you appear to know based on your comment recently.

Frank_S_0-1620052559186.png

I agree with @Ruggero_Piccoli it is helpful if you can include as much information including images and error mesages you are experiencing if any.

If it is not working with no errors, then perhaps there is a problem with your data model or how you are approaching the problem. If you follow my original response and if you have no unsupported items in your QVF (like always one selected) and a solid data model then it should work. I recommend trying with a different QVF like the license monitor just as a test and see if you get the results you need.

Otherwise please provide more detail (including helpful images) and additional steps including the QVF and a copy of the exported report here and we can test it.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!