Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NW1965
Creator
Creator

Invalid unicode character when editing report

Hi Folks

I'm getting this error message when trying to edit any of my reports in Nprinting, has anybody seen this before and anybody know what can be done?  All these reports are still running fine, but I just can't edit any of them. Any help much appreciated. I'm using NPrinting Nov 18.

NPrinting Error.png

Labels (1)
12 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is a two years old conversation. I strongly suggest to avoid to comment so old conversations because in two years we released many new versions of the software and old issue could be solved by newer versions. Please open a new conversation with the label of the version you are using and all other useful details that can help us to reproduce your issue (steps to reproduce, screenshots, etc).

If you are not using a recent version of Qlik NPrinting, please also evaluate to upgrade and test the issue later. 

After the support team investigation this issue was generated by an invalid character used in the file name. Invalid characters include, for example, the following: * \ / } { < > : ' " | % ?
This is a Windows file system restriction, so please  also check that invalid characters are not used in any file name reference. This error may occurs if you are using a Qlik Variable in the report Dynamic Name or in the output folder.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
fishmanl
Contributor II
Contributor II

HI

thanks for the fast respond.

indeed its was a matter of  Invalid characters in the header

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Are you still using November 2018?

If yes, please, upgrade to latest version and test with it to be sure it is not an already solved issue. Older supported version is September 2019. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.