Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baarathi
Creator III
Creator III

Is Nprinting server, Nprinting Engine and Qlik sense server on same machine supported?

For Development Environment, With Server Machine of 16GB Ram,

1)Qlik Nprinting Server

2)Qlik Nprinting Engine

3)Qlik Sense Server (QMC)

All are in same physical machine. The problem is nprinting engine service occupies 70% of ram memory and nprinting reports could not be previewed. Is there solution for this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

go to--> https://help.qlik.com

it says that NPrinting needs dedicated box.

edit: I understand that it is only for development, but since it has only 16 GB of Ram there is not much left for Qlik Sense.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

go to--> https://help.qlik.com

it says that NPrinting needs dedicated box.

edit: I understand that it is only for development, but since it has only 16 GB of Ram there is not much left for Qlik Sense.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
baarathi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hey Jonathan, jontydkpi

In the above website links, the RAM specifications are mentioned for installation of Qlik Nprinting Server, Qlik Nprinting Engine and Qlik Sense separately ( all the three on different machine) .

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing-nprinting-sen...

Is there any specific RAM specification that will make Nprinting Server, Nprinting Engine and Qlik Sense Server all together in same machine, without any issues?

Thanks and Regards

Baarathi

baarathi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hey Lech, lech_miszkiewicz

By having nprinting server, sense server in same machine and moving nprinting engine another machine. Can this be a solution?

Thanks and Regards

Baarathi

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no this is not a solution.

I think it will be better to have Qlik Sense on 1 machine and NPrinitng on the second machine. To be frank NPrinitng box could be then 4 core 16gb vm and it will meet minimum requirement.

Performance of your report will mainly depend on Qlik Sense machine specification. I have a second thoughts around why your report is not previewing in your current configuration and i am suspecting there might be something wrong with template or general approach in how the NPrinting report and supporting Qlik Sense application is built.

regards

Lech

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Maybe share some light of what is your report you try to preview. How big is a data source (number of records in fact table in Qlik Sense) and what are the objects used in report.

Are you using cycle, page or level functionality on dimensions with many different values?

cheers

Lech

baarathi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I'm dealing with data around 7-8 million in fact table. I have tried using Page functionality, the object i have used for page functionality has two distinct values. So, I would get result in two different slides. The report template types i have tried with are Word, PowerPoint and PixelPerfect

Thanks and Regards

Baarathi

baarathi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank You Lech. It better to move Nprinting to another separate box.