Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dtate1959
Contributor III
Contributor III

Iterating email reports to multiple recipients cycling through Project Manager and Project Name

So, I have an app with project metadata defined and I need to be able to use NPrinting to deliver an email to each Project manager for each Project Name individually. Therefore, PM 'John' and Project name Test1 is an email w/ attached report and copy of report displayed in email. And then, PM John and Project Name Test2 is another email and so on iterating through each PM and their associated projects. Using the Cycle function in NPrinting Feb 2019 release using Project Name and Project Manager fields, individual report files are created, but, they are all included in a single ZIP in a single email. I need to be able to have each report file attached to its own email addressed to the Project Manager and ideally be able to display the report content in the email as well.

I have created both the Docx and HTML version of the report and attached them to the Task in NPrinting. Of course, at this point I am getting two ZIP files per email each containing all the project status report files for a single PM.   is there any guidance out there as to if this is possible and if so, the best method to accomplish these goals:

1. generate the email with a single report file per PM/Project to the associated PM.

2. display the HTML version of the report in the email body

3. allow the identical Word(Docx) copy of the report to be attached to the email.

Thanking you in advance for all comments and advice.

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

With the current approach and the way NPrinting was designed it would be very difficult (and i actually dare to say impossible) to achieve. The biggest problem is splitting your reports to multiple emails sent to the same person.

Sorry, but this design is not supported.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.