Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drorelkouby
Contributor III
Contributor III

KPI object is HTML report doesn't shows any data (sometimes)

Hi,

I have a HTML report in NPrinting v21.14.4.0 (May 2021 SR1) that send few charts and few KPIs by email.

It used to work great until few weeks ago but then randomly it started to send the KPIs without the measurements, just an empty box with the labels.

I have 3 KPIs and each time I run the report it "hide" random KPI... after few executions, sometimes it is able to display everything correctly but after few minutes if I try to execute it again the problem return.

I've seen few posts talking about using extension objects or sizing issues but I've rebuilt the objects in my QlikSense app using a standard KPI chart and also changed the sizing and nothing helped.

Here are some screenshots showing different runs on the report with random empty KPI (just different runs, without changing anything in between):

drorelkouby_0-1682970227506.png

drorelkouby_4-1682970812794.png

Sometimes it can take 4-5 runs, with different random outputs until I get a full report.

When everything works fine, this is how it looks like:

drorelkouby_3-1682970365076.png

Anyone noticed something like that before?

Any ideas what can cause it?

Thanks

Dror

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @drorelkouby 

1. What is the exact Qlik Sense version you are using - are you meeting criteria which are well documented?
    1. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...
    2. Qlik Sense compatibility
Compatibility
Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows version Qlik NPrinting version
May 2021 May 2021 IR and later
August 2021 May 2021 SR2 and later
November 2021 May 2021 SR2 and later
February 2022 May 2021 SR2 and later

I am assuming you are using images of those KPI objects,right? Instead have you tried use the actual KPI formulas? I understand it would be more development but I always do it as good practice as you get much better results, you get more control over the object, your object will scale better, look better, you have font control and style sheet control.

Lets confirm that you are on supported configuration first and then we will worry about rest. 

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @drorelkouby 

well - as mentioned in my previous post - the version you are using is not compatible! For that version of Qlik Sense you need to upgrade your NPrinting!

You are on November 2022 Qlik Sense version which is not supported by your version of NPrinting as documented in the link I gave you. This is the most common issue people tend to forget when doing NPrinting - making sure the versions are compatible.

good luck

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

drorelkouby
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks again @Lech_Miszkiewicz I was able to create the KPI I wanted, using html and css tags.
I don't know much about HTML as especially css but thanks to the internet (and my stubbornness)  I was able to create the KPI I needed. Overall I'm happy with the result

drorelkouby_1-1683218715168.png

In case someone want to use it in his HTML here is the code I've used:

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<link rel='stylesheet' href='https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/5.12.0-2/css/all.min.css'>

<style>

.icon { 

float: right;

font-size:500%;

position: absolute;

top:0rem;

right:-0.3rem;

opacity: .16;

}

#container

{

width: 1200px;

display: flex;

}

.grey-dark

{

background: #495057;

color: #efefef;

}

.red-gradient {

background: linear-gradient(180deg, rgba(207,82,82,1) 0%, rgba(121,9,9,1) 80%);

color: #fff;

}

.red {

background: #a83b3b;

}

.purple

{

background: #886ab5;

}

.blue {

background: #3757B4;

}

.kpi-card

{

overflow: hidden;

position: relative;

box-shadow: 1px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.75);;

display: inline-block;

float: left;

padding: 1em;

border-radius: 0.3em;

font-family: sans-serif; 

width: 240px;

min-width: 180px;

margin-left: 0.5em;

margin-top: 0.5em;

}

.card-value {

display: block;

font-size: 190%; 

font-weight: bolder;

}

.card-text {

display:block;

font-size: 100%;

padding-left: 0.2em;

}

</style>

<script>

window.console = window.console || function(t) {};

</script>

</head>

<body>   

<h2> This is a weekly FSV report (ECP Only) </h2>

See attached Excel file with additional information <br>

<br>

<div id="container">

<div class="kpi-card blue">

<span class="card-value">%%KPI1%%<SUP><font size="4">%%KPI1-1%%</font></SUP></span>   

<span class="card-text">%%KPI1title%% </span>

<i class="fas fa-shopping-cart icon"></i>

</div>

<div class="kpi-card purple">

<span class="card-value">%%KPI2%% </span>

<span class="card-text">%%KPI2-title%% </span>

</div>

<div class="kpi-card grey-dark">

<span class="card-value">%%KPI3%%<SUP><font size="4">%%KPI3-1%%</font></SUP></span>

<span class="card-text">%%KPI3-title%%</span>

</div>

</div>        

</body>

</html>

12 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @drorelkouby 

1. What is the exact Qlik Sense version you are using - are you meeting criteria which are well documented?
    1. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...
    2. Qlik Sense compatibility
Compatibility
Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows version Qlik NPrinting version
May 2021 May 2021 IR and later
August 2021 May 2021 SR2 and later
November 2021 May 2021 SR2 and later
February 2022 May 2021 SR2 and later

I am assuming you are using images of those KPI objects,right? Instead have you tried use the actual KPI formulas? I understand it would be more development but I always do it as good practice as you get much better results, you get more control over the object, your object will scale better, look better, you have font control and style sheet control.

Lets confirm that you are on supported configuration first and then we will worry about rest. 

thanks

Lech

drorelkouby
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you @Lech_Miszkiewicz on your quick (very quick) reply.

Regarding the QlikSense version, we are using qliksenseserver version 14.97.6 (November 2022 Patch 3).

I've noticed this issue few weeks after we did the upgrade so maybe it's related. We also installed few extensions (one for multi Filter object, one for export to excel button, and one for special Themes) but the objects I'm using in my NPrinting are standard QlikSense objects.

Regarding the way I'm using these KPIs is as you assumed, by "insert image" from my QlikSense report.

To be honest I haven't thought I can replicate the same design using the functions in the HTML designer but I do like the challenge 🙂

I found one of your older posts and I'll use it for help
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/NPrinting-How-to-achieve-same-appearance-for-KPI-object...

However, I'm still wonder what happened to my KPI images that it just stopped working right. 

Thank you!

Dror

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @drorelkouby 

well - as mentioned in my previous post - the version you are using is not compatible! For that version of Qlik Sense you need to upgrade your NPrinting!

You are on November 2022 Qlik Sense version which is not supported by your version of NPrinting as documented in the link I gave you. This is the most common issue people tend to forget when doing NPrinting - making sure the versions are compatible.

good luck

drorelkouby
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you again @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

I'll check with my team about the option of updating our NPrinting version.

I appreciate your help!

Frank_S
Support
Support

@drorelkouby 

Also keep in mind that some dashboard and visualization bundle objects native to Qlik are not supported.

For a matrix listing of these visit

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
drorelkouby
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you @Frank_S 

I've checked the link you sent and I don't see any mention about the single\standard KPI.

I see some restrictions about Multi-KPI but I'm not using those.

It used to work fine until the recent update to QlikSense so I guess it related to that.

For now, I'll try to create my KPI directly in NPrinting instead of importing it, as Lech suggested, and check again after we upgrade our NPrinting version.

Thank again

Dror

drorelkouby
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks again @Lech_Miszkiewicz I was able to create the KPI I wanted, using html and css tags.
I don't know much about HTML as especially css but thanks to the internet (and my stubbornness)  I was able to create the KPI I needed. Overall I'm happy with the result

drorelkouby_1-1683218715168.png

In case someone want to use it in his HTML here is the code I've used:

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<link rel='stylesheet' href='https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/5.12.0-2/css/all.min.css'>

<style>

.icon { 

float: right;

font-size:500%;

position: absolute;

top:0rem;

right:-0.3rem;

opacity: .16;

}

#container

{

width: 1200px;

display: flex;

}

.grey-dark

{

background: #495057;

color: #efefef;

}

.red-gradient {

background: linear-gradient(180deg, rgba(207,82,82,1) 0%, rgba(121,9,9,1) 80%);

}

.red {

background: #a83b3b;

}

.purple

{

background: #886ab5;

}

.blue {

background: #3757B4;

}

.kpi-card

{

overflow: hidden;

position: relative;

box-shadow: 1px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.75);;

display: inline-block;

float: left;

padding: 1em;

border-radius: 0.3em;

font-family: sans-serif; 

width: 240px;

min-width: 180px;

margin-left: 0.5em;

margin-top: 0.5em;

}

.card-value {

display: block;

font-size: 190%; 

font-weight: bolder;

}

.card-text {

display:block;

font-size: 100%;

padding-left: 0.2em;

}

</style>

<script>

</script>

</head>

<body>   

<h2> This is a weekly FSV report (ECP Only) </h2>

See attached Excel file with additional information <br>

<br>

<div id="container">

<div class="kpi-card blue">

<span class="card-value">%%KPI1%%<SUP><font size="4">%%KPI1-1%%</font></SUP></span>   

<span class="card-text">%%KPI1title%% </span>

</div>

<div class="kpi-card purple">

<span class="card-value">%%KPI2%% </span>

<span class="card-text">%%KPI2-title%% </span>

</div>

<div class="kpi-card grey-dark">

<span class="card-value">%%KPI3%%<SUP><font size="4">%%KPI3-1%%</font></SUP></span>

<span class="card-text">%%KPI3-title%%</span>

</div>

</div>        

</body>

</html>

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks for sharing - looks good! 

One thing to remember is to check compatibility of your code vs email clients you are going to use in case your HTML needs to be embedded in email body. For those scenarios your <script> tags will not work as they are not supported in email clients.

<script>

</script>

cheers

drorelkouby
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @Lech_Miszkiewicz  you were right... it doesn't shows the formatting in the email (just appears as regular text).

The <Script> wasn't needed and I removed it, but now I need to figure out if there is a way to include the formatting in the email. Back to the drawing board... 🙂