Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AtQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Longer Table to fit into NPrinting slide

Hi,

I have a long table which carries more than 40 + rows. Do we have any solution to fit limited rows in a slide and create additional slides to display remaining rows. 

@Frank_S - As per your request hosting a new thread. The details provided in below link didn't help me. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Table-too-large-for-the-page/m-p/1377065#M1...

12 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@AtQlik  as Frank mentioned you may want to create dedicated objects (straight table charts for each slide). for example:

• first table in qlik sense to be used on first slide: top 10 records 
  • second table in qlik sense to be used on second slide: records 11-20 
  • etc...

This approach is static and requires you to know how many rows you will end up with

My approach from this post is different and moves that split (top 10, 11-20, 21-30..etc... ) to script level by creating dimension which links such records. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Table-too-large-for-the-page/m-p/1377065#M1...

you may want to give it a go... It is not easy task so you may need some Qlik Sense scripting skills and data modelling skills. What also is important with that approach is your data model, number of dimensions used to produce your ppt table as well as placing of those dimensions in your Qlik Sense data model...

Sharing more light on that may help us to provide you more helpful info.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
AtQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Just a follow up question on your recommendation for creating two static tables. 

My table dynamically changes the display of number of rows, basically the table get listed based on filter criteria. Say, if static table-2 doesn't have record how do i disable the slide having table-2 from displaying? do we have a config settings for that?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No we dont have a config for that as it is all data driven.

As I mentioned - the only option you have is to:

• calculate those scenarios in load script
  • use page by dimension which should be precalculated in load script
  • consider your filters in precalculation

As i mentioned before - this may not be easy to achieve, but is definitely possible.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.