Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcostapa
Partner - Contributor III

Maps - Define predefined view zoom error

Hi,

I'm developing a ppt report on a Nov 2018 NPrinting server. I have a geo dimension with countires and I used in the report with pages in order to see the KPIs for each country and a first slide for an overview for all countries.

I have a map that plots a dot for each country at the first slide and then with pages the map plots a dot for each slide for each country, my problem is that I want to keep a hole world map view for all countries to easly identify the country.

This is what I get

canada kocanada ko

and this is what I want:

canada okcanada ok

The problem is that when I try to Set default view (zoom out max in this case) I get an error on NPrinting preview.

errorerror

One work arround I thought is to create a png world map for each country and with show/hide container and the dimension code a dynamic image load. On the dashboard it is working fine but in NPrinting sometime I get the image and sometimes I get a white image, I can't find a reason why sometime images can't be loaded.

Any ideas?

Thx

Pau

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would not use not supported objects in NPrinitng - which i mentioned to you already.

Since you still want to see whole world map and have only dot on the country you are reporting on why don't you make map dots ignoring selections so there are always all dots on the map and instead put condition on dot color to make it visible or transparent depending on current selections?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
pcostapa
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Thanks again for you answers, the solutions you provided me is working for each country actually, but for the global overview where the size of the buble is linked to a KPI is not possible.

overview.png

On the other hand I checked on https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2018/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects...

and maps is supposed to be used as a image but obviously isn't.

Cheers,

Pau

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi 

you are right - maps should be used as an image in NPrinting. What I meant by "not supported" was the conditional hide/show container you mentioned in your previous post.

Regarding "white image" - I am assuming that on your NPrinting server internet connection can be slow and map image is not generated on time. This is unfortunately something Qlik has no influence on. If you think about it for a moment - dots are plotet before actual background is downloaded from internet. If you have no internet or slow internet then you will get no background at all. You probably want to investigate this with Qlik support as it would require access to actual environment to get more details.

Last thing - I don't understand why solution i suggested is not working for global overview? You could apply the same condition to measure driving size of the bubble as the one used to colour code bubble... unless i am mising something here..

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
pcostapa
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz,

Now I got what you suggest with the size of the bubble, same strategy with formula. This means that for each bubble I would have x forumlas for the color(KPI related) and y formulas for the size... yes this is possible but I think not double, it will take me years to complete all possiblities crossing colors, sizes and locations.... 

I think I would go for something less complex, maybe two charts instead one. 

Regarding "white image", this is something that happend with app images, maybe the connexion between NPrinting server and Qlik Sense server is low, but I doubt that because separatly they work fine.

Anyway thank you very much again for the formula work around.

Cheers.

Pau

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I would like to add the suggestion to upgrade your installation to latest version. We added many improvements on images from Qlik Sense connections that, maybe, could help you.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.