Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d3fault
Contributor II
Contributor II

Missing Objects from list, working connection , excel report in designer

Hi all,

I'm struggling with NPrinting designer and Objects are not available in any of the sections where it should be, Images, Tables, Cells. I tried everything that I could find in the discussions, I tested multiple connections, no duplicate variables,  same versions Editor vs Server  - May 2021 SR1 - Version: 21.14.4.0   I tried with different apps, even ones that have very few variables. 

Adding Variables, Formulas, Levels, is working fine.

I don't know where to look more to get objects in the designer. 

empty list.PNG

Thank you

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
d3fault
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Just a small folowup with the solution so it can help in the future searches.

I found the issue, it was due to missing authorisations on the user used in connection. We changed with a service admim user and all worked fine. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @d3fault

Please check this article as this is likely the cause and solution.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Wow - interesting one - didn't know that, thanks!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
d3fault
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

HI Frank, 

I made a new connection to a very simple app, (two variables, no bookmarks), with one sheet, one table, and a bar chart.

None of the issues mentioned in the article are present.  

I can see Variables, Pages, levels, but nothing in the lists where Objects should be.   Don't know what to try more 😞

Frank_S
Support
Support

Try using this one... @d3fault 

If this doesn't work for you then I suggest that you submit a support request to investigate further.

It is possible though that you need to add some native QS charts to your app so that they appear in the object list. (keep in mind you will need to reload your NP connection to the QS app after creating or updating charts or other structures in your Qlik Sense app so that they are visible in NPrinting.

The app I shared should work from end to end.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
d3fault
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Same for this one, 

vars.PNG       objsPNG.PNG

All I can think is that maybe is related to the fact that the NPrinng server doesn't have a certificate yet, or some configuration missing.  Is not office related as it looks the same also for HTML format. 

Thanks for suggestions @Frank_S  , maybe is a case to approach  the support next week. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

Start a support request so it can be investigated more in depth.

Note that configuring certificates to secure the NP web console have no bearing on functionality.

d3fault
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Just a small folowup with the solution so it can help in the future searches.

I found the issue, it was due to missing authorisations on the user used in connection. We changed with a service admim user and all worked fine.