Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaden
Contributor III
Contributor III

Missing Rows in Excel Template

Hi all,

I am generating a report in an Excel Template, and I used a straight table from a Qlik Sense app for my data.

I added all of my fields to a table in excel and created a pivot table off of that data. Like it says here: Creating Excel pivot tables | Qlik NPrinting Help

When I go to preview my table, I only get the first 3 records and the rest are missing. I have even ran the task for the report and I still only get 3 records. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Labels (2)
5 Replies
PhanThanhSon
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Have you checked if your user profile during development also has no filters, or if the report itself doesn't have any filters applied? Filters can be set in Nprinting at the following levels: User, Email, Report. I also recently noticed that not everything is visible during development if the user filter is applied.

Best regards Son

Jaden
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @PhanThanhSon 

I have no filters applied that I know of. Not even one in the template for the Excel Report:

Jaden_0-1709068866587.png

And there are no filters in the Publish task filters either. I should have access to all data because I am an administrator so there wouldn't be a problem there. 

I did see others having the same issue, but it was considered a "bug" in a post back in 2017.

PhanThanhSon
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,
Even if one is an administrator but has a filter applied to your User, data visibility is limited even during preview. I encountered this issue today. As a next step, I would gradually remove individual fields/measures from the table to check if the problem might be related to a complex formula. NPrinting struggles with fields controlled by a variable not defined in NPrinting.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. have you read this?Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1709088382198.png
  2. Do you only get 3 rows in the "Straight" table data or in Pivot Table?
  3. We dont see your template so we dont know if you used any levels or anything else.
  4. Please spend time describing your question and providing us all information so we can replicate the issue - with the information you provided so far all I can say is that it works ok for me ok meaning that you are doing something wrong... but we cannot see what.
  5. is there serction access on the source app?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Before going ahead with the investigation, I strongly suggest to upgrade the installation to latest version February 2024. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.