cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacoli2013
Creator
Creator

N-Printing Report needs a manual reload of MetaData

Hello we have a problem with N-Printing.

We have a Qlikviewdocument with 6 spreadsheets. Everyday there is a reload from this document at 6:00 in the morning (using Qlikview Management Console) to load Data from the day before. This reload is successful, so new data is in the spreadsheets.

We are also using N-Printing for sending reports to users. So for this report I created an app, a connection, a language filter, a report, a publish task.

Verification of the connection is successful, using the language filter also. The trigger in the publish task works fine.

The 6 spreadsheets are loaded into the report using one template with six sheets. The spreadsheets are attached as excelfile to a mail

Everything runs fine. The only problem is that new data is not loaded. I have to run reload metadata in the connection before new data comes into the spreadsheets /report/mail.

We have apps for other reports which are running fine and I don’t need to reload Metadata for an update of data in the reports.

When I compare those apps with the app with problems, I don‘t see any differences.

I hope someone has an idea how I can solve my problem.

How or where can I find the version-number of the N-Printing software we use?

Thanks in advance

Court van de Lisdonk

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is probably because you use LOCAL connection instead of SERVER connection to qlikview. This is well documented on https://help.qlik.com
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz , this issue appears only with local connection.

You can:

- move from a local to a server connection. We suggest to use server connections

- trigger a Qlik NPrinting connection reload after the QlikView Reload. This force all Qv.exe process to be closed and re-opened before creating reports so they will have updated data

- create a custom software that kills all Qv.exe process opened in the Qlik NPrinting server before running the report publish tasks. We don't supply support about this.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.