Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fionna51
Creator
Creator

NP17 - how to abort tasks?

Hi,

I am working on migrating NP16 reports to 17, when I first tried running a task, it keeps running overnight.

In fact, our application has section access, users can only see their own data. At the beginning after I created the new report with all filters and objects in np17, I wanted to test via Preview. However in NP16, I could open the qvw first, and only select one user data and preview. Now in NP17, the app was not opened, and after 10 minutes I got a pop up telling me that I had to run via task. I successfully import only one user, so I tried to run publish task only for this user. Then the task never ends. Anything could be wrong? I think maybe the section access cause problem?

Anybody knows how to abort current task? Thanks a lot.

12 Replies
fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I still want to confirm that you said "but if you want to use a local connection you can flag the check box "Connection requires authentication" and insert section access credentials." if this would work for user section access?

I entered Admin's credentials to created the connection with Local type. However when I tried to publish to users, all users got same report which is exactly what the admin can see. Unless I add user filter, I don't see a way user section access can be applied. The qvw document is section access on, if I tried to open, there will be a prompt window to ask username, and the document will open with correct section access.

Could you please advise how Local type connection user section access will work?  Thank you very much.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

You have to connect via QlikView Server.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

Got it, thanks Ruggero. I am using User Filters to achieve this now.