Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve1982
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPRINTING- Missing field on Table

Hi, 

I am connect NPRINITNG via Qlik Sense. I am tried to built a excel report from table, but one field was missing compare to Qlik sense table I am connected. Please help to advise what will the reason. I am tried reload the metadata and update on table, but still can't the field.

NP Table Missing Field.png

Found out 2 measures has different name but having same expression, will it anissue for NPRINTING?

Thanks

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

and again..

did you try to create 2 different Master Objects (Master measures for yours Measure A: Count(X) Measure B: Count(X ) ) and use those instead measures created directly in the table?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Steve,

Always give us some idea what version of NPrinting and Qlik Sense you are working with. Each release brings new features and to identify problem it is important to know the exact SR

The second thing - make sure there are no conditional hide/show applied on table when used with NPrinting. Look for "Show column if" setting under this column and make sure there is nothing in it!

The same column name - this was an issue in the past when we used NPrinting 16 with QlikView. I have never experienced anything like that with Qlik Sense. But to be 100% sure, just change the name temporarily and see if it works.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

One more thing - to avoid issues with expressions in Qlik Sense I tend to create master objects (master measures) and use them in tables. This ensures that there are no conflicts.

steve1982
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Lech for reply.

NPRINITNG November 2017, version: 17.6.0000.0

Qlik Sense Apr 2019

My problem is 2 measures with same expression but different name,  NPRINTING  only able to show one.

Qlik Sense Table

Measure A: Count(X) 

Measure B: Count(X)

On NP designer table object only to show A.

Thanks for advise.

Steve

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That is very, very ,very... and once again very old version of NPrinting. You are 6 big releases behind the current version and many bugs were fixed in them!

First advice - upgrade to NPrinting April 2019 as the version you are using was build prior to Qlik Sense version you currently have so i am not sure if it is even supported.

I cannot help you more as i will not be able to test it on such old version to even determine if it was a bug.

sorry!

btw - Qlik support will also ask you for upgrade if you will reach them...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

and again..

did you try to create 2 different Master Objects (Master measures for yours Measure A: Count(X) Measure B: Count(X ) ) and use those instead measures created directly in the table?

regards

Lech

steve1982
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Lech.

It works by create master measure.

Yes, we planning to upgrade latest version by June  😀

Thanks

Steve

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Great that it works for you!

On the upgrade note - June releases have some exciting stuff coming up - check it out on community here as it may be worth waiting for them:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Product-Insight/ct-p/productinsight