Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kennethmash
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting 17 Connection problem

Hi

Please could you help me with an issue I am having with Nprinting 17 connections.

For some reason the latest data will only pull into my NPrint reports if I manually refresh the connection on Nprinting. My Qlikview models are reloaded everyday so this is obviously a problem for reports that are scheduled to go out daily. Do you know of any possible solutions to this problem? Surely this is not the way NPrinting is supposed to work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Qlik NPrinting keeps connection to QlikView documents open after the generation of the first reports to improve performances (reduce the report generation time) while genereting other reports from the same connection. The cons is that if you reload the data into the QlikView document after the generation of the first report you will not see the new data.

When you manually do a connection metadata reload, Qlik NPrinting closes the connection to the QlikView document. When you generate the first report after the metadata reload the connection is opened again and you will see updated data.

So, you have to reload the metadata in NPrintinting after each QlikView reload to get updated data.

The new version June 2017 (internal number 17.4.0.0) lgives you the possibility to trigger metadata reloads. So you will be able to schedule Qlik NPrinting connection metadata reload after the QlikView documents data reload and before report generation without the need of manual actions.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Qlik NPrinting keeps connection to QlikView documents open after the generation of the first reports to improve performances (reduce the report generation time) while genereting other reports from the same connection. The cons is that if you reload the data into the QlikView document after the generation of the first report you will not see the new data.

When you manually do a connection metadata reload, Qlik NPrinting closes the connection to the QlikView document. When you generate the first report after the metadata reload the connection is opened again and you will see updated data.

So, you have to reload the metadata in NPrintinting after each QlikView reload to get updated data.

The new version June 2017 (internal number 17.4.0.0) lgives you the possibility to trigger metadata reloads. So you will be able to schedule Qlik NPrinting connection metadata reload after the QlikView documents data reload and before report generation without the need of manual actions.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Does this issue effect Qlik Sense apps to or just the QlikView ones?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Connections to Qlik Sense apps are not affected.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
kennethmash
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you clarifying this for me. Will wait for 17.4 then