cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christygobar
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting 17 Cycle Field through Multiple Reports

In NPrinting 16, I could cycle through a field (Geography) and create individual Excel reports to a destination folder.

I do not find this functionality in the new v17 - only the ability to create filters.

Using "Page" in the template editor does not get my needs covered, as I need an individual Excel file rather than Excel tabs.

Any assistance?

Thanks!

43 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Michael,

Information you are looking for are in NPrinting Help document in first (introduction) secction:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.3/Content/Introduction/Introduction.htm

You have a comparison there (table presenting features of NPrinting 16 vs 17)

hope this will save your time.

kind regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
itec_pao
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi all,

In deed it is a workaround. However, I don't think that the cycle field will be included in the next couple of months. So I have looked for a good working workaround.

In QlikView you make a distribution table, which includes the filter (cities) as you want to produce a report per city. the second field would be the folder (country).

So you create the reports for all cities of the countries. With ACL (access control list) you can define, which salesrep can access which folder (this could also be based on an export from QlikView as csv which then will be used by a batch script).

Regards,
Oktay

www.qlik-blog.com

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thank You Oktay.

This will work indeed, unfortunately only with folders, as salesreps are usually in fields the destination should be email or NewsStand.

As per my understanding this also impacts recipient list - i have to create as many recipients as many cities i have in order to have each city in separate report file, and it will fill up very quickly.

looking forward to embeded solution.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
michael_sung
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Lech,

Thank you for the response; can you advise if the comparison table is revised everytime a new version of NPrinting goes live i.e. when the Cycle function gets included will this immediately appear in the comparison doc?

Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

We will see,

It is up to Qlik team, which i am not part of.

regards

Lech

Stephen_Jasionowski

The comparison table is updated for each feature release.

Cycling is on the roadmap for the 2nd half of this year.

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Will this also work with the on-demand function.
In the case that I ask a on-demand report. All my sales employee will receive their report with their own data and not from the other sales employees?

Regards,
Wouter

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Wouter, i would assume it would have to be implemented as a section access and then onDemand would pass your salesrep state with filters to generate reports.

I do not see it working in any other way as on demand is triggering report / not task, and you have recipients on task, so you cannot filter data using recipient filters

regards

Lech

itec_pao
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Yes, this makes it difficult, I know. Then you have to prepare for each Salesrep one Report, even when there are city reports which will be send to many salesreps.

achiever_ajay
Contributor III
Contributor III

@Sjw Steve..

Any update on this CYCLE option : i dont see any solid reply / solution on this.

Whether the JUNE 2017 release has this ???

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2017/Content/Introduction/Introduction.htm

We are having similar problem - which can be easily achieved by CYCLE.

1. Multiple Excel Generation Customer Wise

We were using NPrinting from 13++ and the Cycle & Distribute was default and helpful option. But with NPrinting 17 (QlikSense) found that it is not available.

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-17517

So we starting using the work around - of USERs & Filters.

2. Importing Users & Personnel Folders

For importing users, i tried the usual method of Importing from excel using HELP document.

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2017/Content/Recipients&Users/ImportUsersFiltersGroups/Impo...

but noticed that no way to import Folders/Sub-folders.

https://community.qlik.com/thread/236748

Any work arounds ?

Adding to that, we have more users (around 700 +), so with SBE(250 User limitation) i wonder we are in loop.

Regards,

Ajay Kumar

+65-9390 2241