Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amit_B
Creator
Creator

NPrinting 17 - Embed Word file in emails

Hi guys,

I'm a new user of  Qlik and the company I work for has updated NPrinting to version 17.  I have several questions, I'll write about them separately. 

Here's the first issue:
In version 16, I could display the content of a Word file in the email body sent in the task (not as an attachment) by using a tag (%%Embed_[filename]_html%%). I can't do in version 17, I can only display the file name.
In the "Reports" tab in the task, I defined the report output format as "HTML". I also tried to change some things like length of the filename, Quality, etc.
The file content changes frequently by officials who do not have access to the Qlik products, so I need it to be dynamic.

What am I doing wrong or missing, and how can I fix it?
Is there another way I can do it?

Thank you!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Amit_B ,

What you are doing wrong? I guess the only thing you have done wrong was not reading documentation. 

As documented only Entity reports and HTML template reports can be embedded in email body: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Dist...

So the solution is to re-write your report using HTML template and use that. Company before upgrading from 16 to 17+ NPrinting (currently May 2023) should asses those differences. I see very often companies assuming "a lot of things" without checking facts and results are exactly like your scenario. 

cheers and good luck

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Amit_B ,

What you are doing wrong? I guess the only thing you have done wrong was not reading documentation. 

As documented only Entity reports and HTML template reports can be embedded in email body: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Dist...

So the solution is to re-write your report using HTML template and use that. Company before upgrading from 16 to 17+ NPrinting (currently May 2023) should asses those differences. I see very often companies assuming "a lot of things" without checking facts and results are exactly like your scenario. 

cheers and good luck

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.