Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudeepkm_analog
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting API login method using NPrinting custom user

Hi All,

I've been able to make API calls from POSTMAN using my credentials (domain account) from my machine using NTLM auth.

I wonder if it is possible to make API calls (using basic authentication) using a user account created in NPrinting console (no domain).

I think I know the answer that only domain accounts work but I still wanted to confirm it from the community. Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Correct - you know the answer! And that is the official and supported version.

Now, If you inspect the way NPrinting UI works by using browser developer tool you may be able to get authenticated using npm API (undocumented API used by NPrinting interface). To do that you would have to inspect and figure out all calls made during authentication (really just going request by request  and checking the content, headers etc...) - I know - lots of work!

I am not sure about whether or not this will work at the end and would have to test it first, but to be honest I dont see a reason why it would not work....

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Correct - you know the answer! And that is the official and supported version.

Now, If you inspect the way NPrinting UI works by using browser developer tool you may be able to get authenticated using npm API (undocumented API used by NPrinting interface). To do that you would have to inspect and figure out all calls made during authentication (really just going request by request  and checking the content, headers etc...) - I know - lots of work!

I am not sure about whether or not this will work at the end and would have to test it first, but to be honest I dont see a reason why it would not work....

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
sudeepkm_analog
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks so much @Lech_Miszkiewicz

Your answers are always insightful. I further compared the requests (one through NP console using custom user login and one through API call using NTLM) the methods are different. I need to further investigate if there are any ways to pass custom user for API call. Thanks again.

sudeepkm_analog_0-1613698549050.png