Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EduVacas95
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

NPrinting Certificates Validation Fails

Hi,

I have a DEVELOPMENT server with Qlik Sense February 2021 SR6 and NPrinting May 2021 SR installed and a PRODUCTION server with only Qlik Sense installed. Both of them are on the same network and connectivity are correctly tested.

I want to connect my NPrinting instance with my PRODUCTION apps. I exported the certificates from the PRODUCTION QMC and placed in the correct folder of NPrinting server, together with the DEVELOPMENT certificate. Also the user that makes the connection have the RootAdmin role asigned and is a domain user.

When we launch the test of a connection with the PRODUCTION proxy ID and ID APP, if fails validating the certificates from PRODUCTION, but it works with the data of a DEVELOPMENT app.

Can you help me to solve this incidente?

Regards.

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @EduVacas95 , First thing is that you are running unsupported configuration by having Qlik Sense and NPrinting on the same server: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing-npri...

Regarding the issue - well we only know that it fails validating your certificate and you provided no other info. I would typically ensure that all steps were taken as described in help to export certificates correctly and ensure that they were installed correctly:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/NPrinting-with-...

Also requirements regarding ports and firewall rules as described in help page for certificate validation:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/Verify-connection-to...

Further investigation would require digging into log files

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@EduVacas95

Agree 100% with @Lech_Miszkiewicz

Please install NPrinting Server on a dedicated supported Windows Server computer.

Once this is done, we can provide thorough feedback based on a supported deployment.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
EduVacas95
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi,

It's the only way to have an answer to this error? I only wanted to know why the certificates validation fails when creating a connection.

All the steps to export and import the certificates are correctly followed and the machines are on the same network so there is not comunications problems.

There is any log than we can review?

Regards.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @EduVacas95 

Well - unsupported configuration could be one of the reasons it is all not working so regardless you still need to get it right in supported configuration to have any support from Qlik.

Now here is my theory:

I think you have exported Qlik Sense certificates using wrong host names and not following instructions step-by-step. Please don't get offended - this is only my theory based on behaviour you have described. As stated in help and shown on below picture we need to export Qlik Sense certificates and provide NPrinting machine hostnames. I think you provided Qlik Sense machine hostname and since you have Qlik Sense dev and NPrinting on the same box effectively it works for DEV but for PROD it does not because I assume that instead of providing NPrinting host name, you probably provided Qlik Sense prod name. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1644402068733.png

Again - I am speculating only, but the behaviour you are describing makes me believe this is the case. 

Now, if it is not a case then next step would be to review logs. I would suggest to enable debug mode. All details as always are in help site: https://help.qlik.com

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Logging.htm

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
EduVacas95
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi,

But I have one doubt, if we generate the certificate from the DEV QMC with the NPrinting server name and we generate the certificate from the PRODUCTION QMC with the same name, we have two certificates with the same name, rigth? So wich name should we use in each QMC to generate it?

We thougth that name it's only something to identify the certificate in the folder that are generated, even we have generate the certificates with different names.

Thank you so much for you attention.

Regards.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In both QMCs you would have to use the same NPrinting server host name when generating certificates. Just follow steps from help document and do as it says. If you have done it differently then you may have the reason why it is not working.

So...  have you done it like it says in help document? Have you generated certificates from both QMCs (dev and prod) using NPrinting host name?

Generated certificate file names can be different ( you can even rename them to cert_dev and cert_prod) as you will likely put them into the same folder, but certificates will be generated with the embedded nprinting hostname in it which is the most important thing.

cheers