Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Messen
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Cluster Connection - MaxReceivedMessageSize

Hi

When we try doing a cluster connection in NPrinting the "Run verification" has error in " The document is accessible on this cluster.". Followed all the guidelines for clusterconnection. The NPrinting log says

"The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (262144) has been exceeded. To increase the quota, use the MaxReceivedMessageSize property on the appropriate binding element."

Only config file where I can find the property MaxReceivedMessageSize  is in the QVManagementService.exe.config file on the QlikView manamement server. MaxReceivedMessageSize  is set to 524288 as shown in the attached screendump.

But NPrinting still states that "incoming messages (262144) has been exceeded." all though it is set to 524288. So I guess there must be another config file where we have to correct or add the MaxReceivedMessageSize  property.

Has anyone ideas ?  (And yes. We have restartet all the services after the config file change 😇)

Regards

Sune

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Messen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Tried adding 00's as @Lucas_Gatling  suggested. Same error when running Verification and still states the '262144' MaxReceivedSize in the log file 🤔

But there IS a success 😉

In the article - which I cannot figure out why I haven't seen that.....:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/Qlik-NPrinting-connection-verification-failed-due-to-qu...

it is written that the Metadata generates all though the verification fails. I did not even try reloading metadata cause the verification failed 🙄 But he is right - Metadata reloads fine even though the verifications fails !!

So in fact my problem is solved....but hey...come on - What is the verification worth if you cannot trust it ? 🙈 I guess it must be a bug that has to be corrected 😎

Thank you @Lucas_Gatling  and @Ruggero_Piccoli for you prompt replies 😃

Best regards

Sune

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@Messen  good morning. I would suggest adding '00' to your MaxReceivedMessageSize in the QVManagementService.exe.config. So for example MaxReceivedMessageSize = '26214400'. 

Try that configuration change and see if you are still getting the same error message in the logs.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Also the following old conversations here:

suggest the same solution of @Lucas_Gatling 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Messen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Tried adding 00's as @Lucas_Gatling  suggested. Same error when running Verification and still states the '262144' MaxReceivedSize in the log file 🤔

But there IS a success 😉

In the article - which I cannot figure out why I haven't seen that.....:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/Qlik-NPrinting-connection-verification-failed-due-to-qu...

it is written that the Metadata generates all though the verification fails. I did not even try reloading metadata cause the verification failed 🙄 But he is right - Metadata reloads fine even though the verifications fails !!

So in fact my problem is solved....but hey...come on - What is the verification worth if you cannot trust it ? 🙈 I guess it must be a bug that has to be corrected 😎

Thank you @Lucas_Gatling  and @Ruggero_Piccoli for you prompt replies 😃

Best regards

Sune

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Run Verification gives you suggestions about the most common connection errors: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/Verify-connection-to...

This should helps in solving faster.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.