Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piotrk
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting DetailReport not showing all field values

Hello,

I have been troubleshooting an issue with a report where I create a detail report level based on a field I have from a QS app and not all the values in the field are displayed in output report. I have refreshed the app, refreshed the connection and confirmed in the metadata that all changes and fields are being displayed properly in the field list.

The issue is that when previewing the report I only see select values from the field. There are no filters in the report, and there are no bookmarks or filters in the application itself (I have recently changed the script of the dashboard but I have not made any significant changes to the sheets at all). There is no section access in the app. I also tested the report using a task without levels and to just cycle through the field itself and I had the same result.

When I create a test app with some dummy data from excel, the report properly cycles through the table. I am not an NPrinting expert and I have just started maintaining this dashboard so I am unsure if there is some QS technicality or with NPrinting that is causing this issue. This table is just a straight table with a column dimension (not a calculated field) of the field COUNTRY2_NEW (the object ID I've verified matches the app). I would expect that since there are no filters in the report I should view all the values from the field that I see in the app from the table.

I've attached images of the app, report, output, and the table where the field comes from and would be very greatful for any insight into what could be causing this. (Note: I am using QS server 12.1958.4, unsure about version for NPrinting designer)

app tableapp table

report viewreport view

outputoutput

data modeldata model

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

There is a possibility that your app has section access. If so then your user information would need to be added to the section access table. You will need to speak with your Qlik App developers to request this.

You can also check the other areas of NPrinting for filtering.

In this case you should check if a filter has been associated with your user account.

Also check for Report filters

Remove unwanted filters as needed.

Kind regards

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

piotrk
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you. The app I am working on does not impose section access (nor have any filters) and my user account has full access on all published apps, however, the app imports an app which has section access (the data I was trying to access), and the NPrinting connection domain user account did indeed have section access restrictions imposed for that app which explained why the data was reduced.

I updated the section access to the loaded app for the domain user account, refreshed everything and the report now behaves as expected.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

What do you get if you create filter box object from Country_New field and just add it in your report as an image. Just trying to check if its something wrong with level usage.

Its silly advise but ensure your app is published and updated app is pointing to the report.

Thanks,

piotrk
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much for the suggestion. The app is published and connection is refreshed and pointing to correct app, verified all metadata.

I believe there must be some filtering occuring somewhere, but I am completely unaware of its source (there is no section access and I assume the view in the app should be visible to NPrinting). In the app this is the view:filter panefilter pane

And in the report the image of the filter pane object is empty/blank completely (I added it outside of any level section):

app view.png

Edit: actually I'm not sure how that output was generated, to be sure I restarted NPrinting designer and reloaded connection, and now the filter pane output matches the output from the previous Level section i.e. just showing Germany, Italy and, Not Mapped field values. So same as before and I still do not know why those values in particular are being shown and the others are being filtered out.

piotrk_0-1724769800997.png

Frank_S
Support
Support

There is a possibility that your app has section access. If so then your user information would need to be added to the section access table. You will need to speak with your Qlik App developers to request this.

You can also check the other areas of NPrinting for filtering.

In this case you should check if a filter has been associated with your user account.

Also check for Report filters

Remove unwanted filters as needed.

Kind regards

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
piotrk
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you. The app I am working on does not impose section access (nor have any filters) and my user account has full access on all published apps, however, the app imports an app which has section access (the data I was trying to access), and the NPrinting connection domain user account did indeed have section access restrictions imposed for that app which explained why the data was reduced.

I updated the section access to the loaded app for the domain user account, refreshed everything and the report now behaves as expected.