Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[NPrinting] Email configuration

Hi,

A client is using a configuration like this:

sshot-2019-11-06-[12-25-15].png

It works.

When I send mail through outlook or gmail, the sender name is something like 'My Custom Name <mymail@mail.com>'. But when I send through NPrinting, it shows as 'mymail@mail.com <mymail@mail.com>'.

Someone knows if this is a problem? A miss configuration on SMTP? or something.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I performed some tests and here are my findings. 

What ever I use as a default sending in NP web console email settings is what I get in the my email report.

See images below:

NP email settings:

my smtp settings.PNG

My received report:

my emailed report.PNG

Note that the NPrinting server is NOT an email server. It connects like any other email 'client' like outlook and gmail.

I am using a 3rd party ISP email to send reports through. In my case that server doesn't change anything about my 'default sender email'.

So the issue that you perceive is most likely with your ISP/Email server.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I performed some tests and here are my findings. 

What ever I use as a default sending in NP web console email settings is what I get in the my email report.

See images below:

NP email settings:

my smtp settings.PNG

My received report:

my emailed report.PNG

Note that the NPrinting server is NOT an email server. It connects like any other email 'client' like outlook and gmail.

I am using a 3rd party ISP email to send reports through. In my case that server doesn't change anything about my 'default sender email'.

So the issue that you perceive is most likely with your ISP/Email server.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @Frank_S 

So 'Default sender email' works as a mask, I don't set an email nor password so it means just using address and port, NPrinting use some email preconfigured on my SMTP?

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Anonymous 

Yes works 'similar' to masking but it isn't a mask for any particular user. It is just a text entry in the format of an email as required for normal NPrinting operation.

In any case, please check your NPrinting Scheduler log file for a similary entry (the Guids, Email address and NP version will be different):

"Qlik.NPrinting.Repo 19.29.3.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.ReportPublishingService 20191106T153403.089-08:00 INFO QLIKSERVER3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 The e-mail for bucket e4c73704-6c0b-4dcc-877b-2ddae2a00176 has been sent to qlitestuser1@qlik.com"

The point here is that you don't see any information appended to the front of the email address. It goes out as is and nothing is added by NPrinting. 

It would be interesting to see your NP scheduler log entries at the time of your publish task execution.

Hope this helps to clarify...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @Frank_S 

So I guess nobody asked that requirement before.

Thanks and regards