Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavin_kite
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting Engine Failed to open document

Hi

I'm after some pointers on what to try to get NPrinting a little more stable. Today I have had 4 out of 37 jobs fail all with the same failure reason 'NPrinting Engine Failed to open document'

Current Set up

• NPrinting - November 2018
  • Qlikview - November 2018

Things I've tried/noted

• Apps do not have section access.
  • Apps have not been moved or changed names.
  • When NPrinting reports are re-ran after failures, they usually run fine.
  • Its not always the same tasks that fail. Sometimes tasks fail,sometimes they dont.
  • Sometimes its the cache refreshes that fail, sometimes end user reports.
  • Able to open Qlikview desktop on NPrinting server and open an app via 'open in server'
  • Have scheduled windows task to restart NPrinting services weekly.
  • Have scheduled windows task to restart NPrinting server weekly.
  • Have tried moving NPrinting reports away from times when QV docs are being reloaded.
  • Have created triggers on all connections to refresh connection/meta data.

Has anyone else had this issue? What am I missing?

Thanks

Labels (4)
11 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, this could be. If you have macros or triggers in the source QlikView document sometime it works and some other time it doesn't. It is not deterministic and it is the reason why macros and triggers are not supported.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@boopeshj 

It's possible that you have a performance problem, not enough resources, possible conflicting QV reload tasks running concurrently when NPrinting Publish tasks run, your version of NPrinting ideally should be Nov. 2019 to leverage performance enhancements and bug fixes.

Check this finetuning guide for performance sizing suggestions as well. https://support.qlik.com/articles/000034936

Occasional instances that you are referencing could be due to these points. Nov. 2019 has specific performance enhancements that may help your situation. See attached release notes.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!