Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

NPrinting Error generating Report for a User

Hi Experts,

NPrinting Version:18.9.5

The task for distribution of report to users distributes the Report correctly for some users and for some users without any report and when checked the logs i get this Error Message

Failed generation of report 29ba220f-6acf-4133-85d6-f5d4d80e90b9 for user 628e0a18-ea7c-4ca2-b7a7-a572786d9112. ERROR: Error processing request of type Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages.Requests.FilterMaterializationRequest for sense app dec6ea61-e6fd-499f-b490-eb7583e0515a. ERROR: Cannot apply filter Filters: [Fields: [Name: F\NTID, ConnectionId: d3500b1b-fb06-4205-9927-dded196ab572, Values: [String:ISyed5], Override: False, Void: False, Name: F\DivKey, ConnectionId: d3500b1b-fb06-4205-9927-dded196ab572, Values: [String:48], Override: False, Void: False], Void: False], Bookmark: , Void: False to current document data. Requested fields with evaluates are:

And for the same filter other user is able to get the report.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks 

Syed Imran

6 Replies
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Adding to it one more Question,

Why is my Group(usergroup) not getting updated upon modified users list import?

Still the users who were part of a Group on previous run of a task and not the part of current run still receives the report.

Do we need to manually delete that group and run import task again?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

1. update your installation to latest version and test again
  2. if you still have the issue also after upgrading check the filters of the users with the issue. The error message suggests that there is an issue with filters.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please post a new conversation for a new question and add all details or screenshots that help use to better understand the question. 

The import user task can update groups, you need to correctly configure the inport source (are you importing from an Excel file or from an LDAP server?) and you need to check the flags under the import.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Yes Iam Importing it from Excel and checking all the flags in Import task but still the group is not getting updated with the new users.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

What are the logs saying?

Can you post a small part of the imported Excel file with one or two users that are not updated?

It is very hard to help you with so few details. If you cannot share them here, please open a support ticket. I never had issue in updating groups via user import task from an Excel file.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Ruggero Thanks.I got the issue resolved .Actually it was causing a problem due to a filter for a user having no value in Data Model.So I have changed my Qlik app such that all the territories flow in and there is no error filter.

Thanks
Syed Imran