Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AjjuSid
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Excel Report formula - purpose of '_'

Hi All,

I am trying to Break Down and Understand a NPrinting report (Excel Format) which was not build by me. 

I am stuck at this particular formula below- in the if statement it has '_' (underscore) before .6666 & .895.

I tried looking online if Qlik NPrinting has '_' Operator .

formula is enclosed in <> brackets

Strangely it's not giving any syntax error instead evaluates the formula and gives me result as 1%. 

@Lech_Miszkiewicz   @Stephen_Jasionowski  @Anil_Babu_Samineni 

Can the experts please help me with this?

Thanks in Advance.

if(Match([Product Code],'0001','0002','0003','0004','0005','0006'),0.01,
          (if(Sum(PaidAmount+PaidReserves)/Sum(Premium)_.6666,0.01,
                     if(Sum(PaidAmount+PaidReserves)/Sum(Premium)_.895,0.2,0.10))))

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting has not a native formulas system.

If you are working on an Excel template and this formula is in a cell it is an Excel formula.

If it is in the Formulas node on the left side treeview it is a QlikView/Qlik Sense formula. In this case the syntax is the Qlik one and the formula is sent as is to the related connection, is evaluated and the result returned and placed in the report. 

So you have to check the formula based on the type it is. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is nto a formula in NPrinting i think.

Instead it seems like column which you are trying to bring in did not have label and its expression was brought in as NPrinting measure tag

That is why you have those "_" characters it think.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting has not a native formulas system.

If you are working on an Excel template and this formula is in a cell it is an Excel formula.

If it is in the Formulas node on the left side treeview it is a QlikView/Qlik Sense formula. In this case the syntax is the Qlik one and the formula is sent as is to the related connection, is evaluated and the result returned and placed in the report. 

So you have to check the formula based on the type it is. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
AjjuSid
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your replies!