Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik_Maestro
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting - Keep Source Formats - Does not keep font size from QlikSense??

Hello,

I am working on a table in an NPrinting Designer powerpoint slide and I want to bring in a table from QlikSense that has conditional coloring on a column. So in order to do this, I need to check the Keep Source Formats. When I preview the report, I do see that the color is coming through correctly, but the font size is still defaulted to 11 when in QlikSense I have it set to 8. 

Is this something expected? I am using May2023 for both NP and QS.

Also, does anyone have a workaround to get conditional formatted table column using native powerpoint? (Not using Excel)

Thank you. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @qlik_Maestro 

this is working as designed and link to documentation you provided is exactly the one i wanted to send you. 
@Lucas_Gatling -this was never supported so obviously cannot be a bug and it was not listed as a feature upgrade in any of the last few Nprinting upgrades as far as i remember. 
cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@qlik_Maestro  The version of Qlik Sense is May 2023 IR as well? Have you tested Nprinting May 2023 SR 1 to see if you can replicate the issue there as well? It very well may be a degrade bug

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
qlik_Maestro
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Lucas_Gatling are you aware of this feature being available? 

I found the section in the NP May 2023 documentation that mentions this as a limitation.

I just figured the font size change is such a great feature that was made available for QlikSense, and I just figured it could be available in NPrinting.:

Keep Source Formats

Limitations

If you apply Keep Source Formats to Qlik Sense columns only the following formats are kept:

• URLs
  • color of text (foreground color) in tables
  • background color of tables

All other formatting options (such as table borders, text alignment inside cells, text formatting) are not supported.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Designer-properti... 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @qlik_Maestro 

this is working as designed and link to documentation you provided is exactly the one i wanted to send you. 
@Lucas_Gatling -this was never supported so obviously cannot be a bug and it was not listed as a feature upgrade in any of the last few Nprinting upgrades as far as i remember. 
cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.