Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sikander02
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting November 2019 HTML email body error

Hi ,

We recently upgraded NPrinting  16.6.0 to NPrinting November 2019 version and having some difficulty in one HTML text report in particular. In previous version it worked fine. I created this report in excel and then set the output as HTML and used HTML text option in email. But in latest version after importing the report it is missing the table and text customization. I tried building it again as HTML report but same result .If  I enable  "All reports attached " in attachments it comes up fine but in a weird  name under a zip folder. Following are current version report (how I want it to be) and also how its coming up in newer version . Thank you in advance

NPriting 16.6.0 Version report in my email body.

sikander02_0-1587450270604.png  

NPrinting November 2019 version report in my email body

sikander02_1-1587450644833.png

Thanks,

Sikander

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well,

There are differences in the way NPrinting 16.6 and NPrinting 19 handles embeded content in email body. Objects which you had previously created as an excel template now have to be re-written to html. 

During migration I am sure there were highlighted as not supported object or those which were not migrated.

Those kind of differences need to be considered before migration and there is additional development required to make sure they are properly working in NPrinting 19

You may want to look at how to embed reports in email body and how you can disable file attachements here.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2020/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Di...

note this bit in help :

Leave the Attach to email check box selected if you also want to send this report as an email attachment. You may want to disable this if you are embedding a large report directly into the email body.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well,

There are differences in the way NPrinting 16.6 and NPrinting 19 handles embeded content in email body. Objects which you had previously created as an excel template now have to be re-written to html. 

During migration I am sure there were highlighted as not supported object or those which were not migrated.

Those kind of differences need to be considered before migration and there is additional development required to make sure they are properly working in NPrinting 19

You may want to look at how to embed reports in email body and how you can disable file attachements here.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2020/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Di...

note this bit in help :

Leave the Attach to email check box selected if you also want to send this report as an email attachment. You may want to disable this if you are embedding a large report directly into the email body.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
sikander02
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Lech Miszkiewicz