cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pomna
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting Pivot Table

I need to create a pivot table in NPrinting but am having issues with a dimension not showing all the values. The report was imported to NPrinting in straight table format. But am getting issues achieving this because the quarter dimension only shows one value. It does not show all four quarters. Thanks for your suggestions

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok - you have only shown me a pivot table. Obviously to built pivot table you first need to produce a straight table with the data.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Pomna 

as usual - to get an answer or hint what could be wrong you should provide us with screenshot of your source data, template, results and mock-up of what you are trying to achieve. We are not there with you and cannot see what you are doing wrong. 

Topic you are describing seems quite basic so I assume there is either something not supported breaking it or simple mistake when creating template.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Pomna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Below is a screen shot of what I expect my pivot table to look like and what I get. The quarter dimension loses all its values. I expect to see Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok - you have only shown me a pivot table. Obviously to built pivot table you first need to produce a straight table with the data.

Pomna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you the link you provided was of  great help but I ran in to other issues. Calculated columns are giving me the  #DIV/0! Error message. 

Pomna_1-1605306400253.png

Column 3 is column 2/ column 1

Column 6 is column 5/  column 4

Column 8 is column 7/  column 6

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Pomna_0-1605305586840.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The #DIV/0! error is typical excel error when you try to divide by 0. There is nothing more to add to it.

I repeat again - to give you meaningful information we need to see full picture of all steps you are doing. You are not providing those steps to us so our answer is only based on what we can see.

Side note:

Based on your screenshots I can see 1 strange thing:

1. why there are "=" signs in your dimension fields? Why your table in Qlik Sense  contains those dimensions with = sign which makes them automatically calculated dimensions! I would correct that to start with as it has implications on how NPrinting handles objects with calculated dimensions. (it is good practice to get rid of them if they are not necessary)