Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sroy
Contributor
Contributor

NPrinting Post deployment issue - Error Installed certificate are valid to connect to Qlik Sense

Hello

I have recently completed deployment of NPrinting Nov 2020 on a newly built server.

My Qliksense June 2020 Production server is on another server.

Both servers in Workgroup under same subnet. While trying to create a template from Qliksense in Web Console, I am getting the below error. 

Error: Installed certificates are valid to connect to Qlik Sense

I checked the engine logs and it says below:

=============================================================================================

Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK 20.39.3.0 Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.QlikSenseDiagnose 20210214T170252.737+01:00 ERROR EUW1A-P-NP 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 PerformDiagnosis found a problem. ERROR: System.Exception: No valid Sense Certificate found or Unauthorized user in Header 'X-Qlik-User'=UserDirectory=EUW1A-P-NP;UserId=adm-tsc-qlik. ERROR: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.↓↓ at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.QRSApi.TryGetResponse(HttpWebRequest request)↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.QRSApi.DoGet(QlikSenseConnectionString connectionString, String port, String urlChunk, Boolean addQlikCertificate, Boolean impersonateService)↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.QRSApi.DoGet(QlikSenseConnectionString connectionString, String port, String urlChunk, Boolean addQlikCertificate, Boolean impersonateService)↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.QRSApi.GetSenseVersion(QlikSenseConnectionString connectionString)↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.QlikSenseDiagnose.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<PerformDiagnosis>b__13()↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.QlikSenseDiagnose.GetStep(DiagnoseStep step, Action stepCode)

================================================================================================

I tried to re deploy the certificates manually 3 times via mmc import and via QMC certificate installer. But still facing the same issue.

I tried a lot of troubleshooting steps but failed. Could you please suggest what I might be missing.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

I noticed your usage of the "workgroup" scenario in your original comment and so to answer your question, windows "workgroup" is not supported.

The NPrinting server, Qlik Sense (and or QlikView) servers and service accounts must all be in the same domain. Workgroups are not supported.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Supported-...

I think before you can effectively troubleshoot from end to end, your deployment needs to be in a supported configuration.

Once you have your NP and QS server in the same domain and ensuring domain accounts are setup accurately to run the NPrinting server service, then redo the certificate export from the QS server using the link provided by @Lech_Miszkiewicz, then copy it to the NP server location below.

C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\Settings\SenseCertificates

Additional References:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Did you follow steps from documentation on how to install certificates?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/NPrinting-...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
sroy
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

Yes I tried deploying the certificates 3 times but same issue. However I see that Qliksense and NPrinting server are both in Workgroup and network flow is opened.

But, the Qliksense and NPrinting users are not in same domain. They are local admin users. Could this be the issue?

Incase we plan to move the user account to domain, could you please suggest what configuration changes need to be done at Qliksense ?

Currently our users are authenticated via Excel saved locally on Qliksense server. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

I noticed your usage of the "workgroup" scenario in your original comment and so to answer your question, windows "workgroup" is not supported.

The NPrinting server, Qlik Sense (and or QlikView) servers and service accounts must all be in the same domain. Workgroups are not supported.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Supported-...

I think before you can effectively troubleshoot from end to end, your deployment needs to be in a supported configuration.

Once you have your NP and QS server in the same domain and ensuring domain accounts are setup accurately to run the NPrinting server service, then redo the certificate export from the QS server using the link provided by @Lech_Miszkiewicz, then copy it to the NP server location below.

C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\Settings\SenseCertificates

Additional References:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
sroy
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Frank,

Thanks a lot for your response. I too agree that both the servers should be in same domain to establish connection between Qliksense and NPrinting.

Just for my knowledge do you have any article which explains about what is going to be the impact on existing users and the configuration changes needed to be done if we are moving existing Qliksense server from Workgroup to Domain.

Currently our users are authenticated via Excel saved locally on Qliksense server. each user is having a username and password to login to Qliksense. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @sroy 

I would suggest asking product specific Qlik Sense questions directly in the Qlik Sense community here below to ensure you get the specific answers that you are looking for.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense/ct-p/qlik-sense

Kind regards...