Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
profilejamesbond

NPrinting Previous Year Month

Hi,

I want to show the data of Previous Month Year "December 2022" in the NPrinting Report.

How to achieve it? Do I need to create Filter with Date field?

NPrinting > Filters

Field Name: %Date

Values: Monthstart(addmonths(today(), -1))

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
profilejamesbond
Author

Thank you @Frank_S.

Thank you @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

I have acheived the task same way.

The field was in text format therefore I used text keyword to convert it in NPrinting Filter section:

Name = MonthYear

Value =Text(MonthName(AddMonths(Today(), -1)))

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Please upgrade version of Nprinting to supported version. Yours 17.0 does not allow for dynamic filters and using currently supported version will allow you to use advanced filter option or evaluate value. 

question is-how would you apply this selection in Qlik Sense? Once you answer that question then you can create the same filter in Nprinting. 

make sure you check below link and read in details topics about filters. Pay special attention to parts where i mention importance of datatypes used as it will drive decision on how your nprinting filter will have to be created.

more about filters on my blog: https://nprintingadventures.com

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
profilejamesbond
Author

To tell you the truth, I don't know the version.

But I see it supports to evaluate.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can check the version when you log in to nprinting console under “about” menu

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @profilejamesbond

If you are using a supported version of NPrinting, I suggest you test your expressions in a Qlik Sense text box or other chart object using the expression editor tools therein.

Your formula as written 

Monthstart(addmonths(today(), -1))

will not work for Qlik Sense and therefore not work for NPrinting since the syntax is not valid

I've tested this successfully.

monthstart(addmonths(today() ,1))

For details visit

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/DateAndTimeFun...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
profilejamesbond
Author

Thank you @Frank_S.

Thank you @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

I have acheived the task same way.

The field was in text format therefore I used text keyword to convert it in NPrinting Filter section:

Name = MonthYear

Value =Text(MonthName(AddMonths(Today(), -1)))