Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AjjuSid
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Report distribution to folder - Enable cycle - Dynamically create folders based on dimension.

Hi All,  

I recently  started using Qlik NPrinting April 2020 for report generation.  Apologies ahead if this a repeated question here. 

I am using enable cycle to create multiple reports based on the dimension (GroupName) for the same template, My requirement is to store the reports in destination folder.  while doing so I need to create multiple folders  i.,e  for all the fields values of groupName dimension, folders must be created dynamically and the respective reports must be stored dynamically to those particular folders.  

Eg:

1. let say GroupName dimension has 3 field values (A,B,C)

2.while distributing reports to a specific destination folder (folder path ) , I want to create 3 folders dynamically  A,B and C

3. Save the report with A group  Data in folder A. similarly B group Data in B folder and the same goes for C folder.

I have tried using Qlik Variable in the Destination path but i can only create folder for one Field value (A) and all the reports are saved that particular folder.

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  @Stephen_Jasionowski  can you please let me know if this is possible or are there any alternate solutions to this . 

Thanks In advance for your help. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Cycle will always create single zip file with files which will contain your group name as a name!

The workaround I would use would be creation of  "dummy users" - each user = 1 value in your group field. Then with each of those you can link up user filter equal to actual value of group you want to filter. You would also need to add all those users to one group so that group can be used as a recipient on the task and you must assign a role to those dummy users so they can receive reports. 

From there you will have 2 options:

• use of user folders: when creating destination folder there is an option to choose one.
  • or use of varaible - in this case your variable will work

I know the solution I am suggesting is not ideal but it will do exactly what you are asking for. I also know that creation of those dummy users can be hard, but at least you can manage that by user import from excel: all details and templates are here in official help: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Cycle will always create single zip file with files which will contain your group name as a name!

The workaround I would use would be creation of  "dummy users" - each user = 1 value in your group field. Then with each of those you can link up user filter equal to actual value of group you want to filter. You would also need to add all those users to one group so that group can be used as a recipient on the task and you must assign a role to those dummy users so they can receive reports. 

From there you will have 2 options:

• use of user folders: when creating destination folder there is an option to choose one.
  • or use of varaible - in this case your variable will work

I know the solution I am suggesting is not ideal but it will do exactly what you are asking for. I also know that creation of those dummy users can be hard, but at least you can manage that by user import from excel: all details and templates are here in official help: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
AjjuSid
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I think I am very close to the what i am looking for. 

I have created dummy users, filters and assigned them the Same dummy group, I have also assigned 'User', 'Developer'  roles. In the Publish task, I am selecting  the dummy group. While running the task, Unfortunately I am not able to generate the Dimension (Group Name) folder. 

Does it have to do with Domain account for the dummy user? I haven't assigned it . If yes, is there any alternate  for this? 

It is throwing me this particular error:

AjjuSid_0-1631104408812.png

Thanks again for all your help. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You are trying to use section access which will not work with dummy users. 
i sugested to create norinting filters and link them to dummy users in nprinting

AjjuSid
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks again for your help! 

I am able to create dimension folders.