Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diane
Partner - Contributor III

[NPrinting] Report not working randomly

Hello,
We have a report that runs in a very random way. when it runs in 2 minutes, sometimes it doesn't run even after 2 hours. When it runs, there are 12 QV.exe that are launched on the Nprinting engine while it is the only one that runs, I don't know if it's normal because for the others, there is only one QV.exe that is launched
We tried to reload the connections before relaunching it, there is no unsupported object. It is based on a qlikview report.
The server is not overloaded with either nprinting or Qlikview.
Do you have any idea?

thanks in advance

Labels (2)
7 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

@Diane I would start off by verifying the basics here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/NPrinting-with-...

• Are NP and QV on separate servers? What version is QV?
  • How large is the QVW?
  • Section Access?
  • Do NP and QV servers have their own dedicated service accounts?
  • I usually don't worry too much about the qv.exe processes, NPrinting will decide how many are needed.
  • Filters?
  • Is it just this one publish task you have issues with? If so, maybe re-create that report and task?
  • When you say 'random' any idea of how often this is happening?
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Diane

Also check:

KInd regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Diane This normally is a gold example of one or few unsupported objects and/or configurations:

• check your qvw for hidden sheets and objects
  • check for triggers
  • make sure you have that configuration: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000098313?_ga=2.56552877.726009969.1611644496-2102903719.160704262...
  • make sure your NPrinting server meets all requirements (also recommendations re number of CPU cores. I assume you should know this since you work with NPrinting but I will repeat for others here that larger number of CPU cores may not necessarily mean that NPrinting will work better). You have to calculate workload on QlikView server caused by NPrinting opening concurrently the largest app you use in NPrinting reports as many times as many CPU cores you have. There are also recommendations regarding max number of cores written in help documentation which should be studied.

That aside - check the qvw for hidden sheets and try so set settings I gave you link to and let us know how you go.

good luck

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Diane
Author

Hello,
- We have the following number of CPU for our engine:for the account we use the same service account for the NPrinting engine and NPrinting server (for Qlikview et Qliksense are different account), but each one has its dedicated server. do we have to have separate accounts? 

Diane_0-1679314708636.png

In the recommendations it is marked 12 CPU per engine if we use only Qlikview. On our side we use Qlikview but also Qlik Sense, does our engine have to be 12 CPU? In our case 12 CPU = 12 cores or 12 logical processors?

- for the account we use the same service account for the engine and NPrinting server, but each one has its dedicated server. do we have to have separate accounts? 

- We are looking at the other elements

Thanks in advance

David_Friend
Support
Support

@Diane yes its required that each NPrinting server/engine have its own dedicated and separate Service Account, otherwise you will have task failures.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@David_Friend Wasnt clear-you can have the same account for server and 1 engine, but if you have more than 1 engines then you need to have dedicated accounts for each engine. 
you also need to have dedicated accounts for QlikView and Qlik Sense. 

Regarding CPU-i normally have no more than 12 logical processors if i connect that engine to QlikView (regardless if i connect also to Qlik Sense or not) as that does not matter

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Maarten_Bitmetric

@Diane - did you ever find a solution? We are running into the exact same problems: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/NPrinting-erratic-behavior-Publishing-works-flawlessly-...