cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
profilejamesbond

NPrinting Report with two sheets and filters

Hi,

I have one NPrinting Report that consist of two sheets. Sheet 1, Sheet 2

I have one filter that applies on both reports for data filteration. Now, I have new filter that I wan to apply only on Sheet 2. How it can be possible ?

Do I need to create a seperate report for Sheet 2 or it is possible to apply 1 specific filter over the sheet 2 but in the same report? If yes, then how to do it ?

thanks

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @profilejamesbond 

In simple words it is not possible to apply filter to whole sheet. 

Other things to clarify:

• since you are referring to Sheet1 and Sheet2 I assume you are using excel based template and sheets are excel sheets
  • depending on what you put on the sheet it may be possible to apply filters to individual objects on this sheet
    • those would be object filters which you can use with Tables and Images (not levels, not formulas, not variables)

Alternative solution could be to create second connection to the same Qlik Sense app, create the filter based on the second connection and build sheet 2 using object based on second connection.

Summary:

The straight up answer to your question is: no, there are no sheet based filters but there are many workarounds and to be able to clearly say what workarounds can work we would need to look at the template, or have detailed explanation on how those reports are constructed including information if there are any user or task or report filters and how they need to work+whether there is a cycle report function used and if Page or Level or variable or formulas are used in any of the 2 sheets you have mentioned. 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @profilejamesbond 

In simple words it is not possible to apply filter to whole sheet. 

Other things to clarify:

• since you are referring to Sheet1 and Sheet2 I assume you are using excel based template and sheets are excel sheets
  • depending on what you put on the sheet it may be possible to apply filters to individual objects on this sheet
    • those would be object filters which you can use with Tables and Images (not levels, not formulas, not variables)

Alternative solution could be to create second connection to the same Qlik Sense app, create the filter based on the second connection and build sheet 2 using object based on second connection.

Summary:

The straight up answer to your question is: no, there are no sheet based filters but there are many workarounds and to be able to clearly say what workarounds can work we would need to look at the template, or have detailed explanation on how those reports are constructed including information if there are any user or task or report filters and how they need to work+whether there is a cycle report function used and if Page or Level or variable or formulas are used in any of the 2 sheets you have mentioned. 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
profilejamesbond
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz,

Yes, you are right. I am using Excel Template.

Thanks