Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_Adam_
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Reports Backup

Hi All,

I've been searching for some time now and still havn't found a solution for this.
I wonder if there is a way to be able to backup Reports / Connections / Tasks on daily basis.
Maybe the data is saved locally on some folder around the server and can be backed up ?
The only solution I encountred was full server backup & restore..
Anyone has a workaround for this ?

We are runinng NPrinting May 2022 SR4 Version 22.15.14.0

Any feedback will much appreciated,
Thank you,
Adam

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Only the documented backup and restore procedures are supported:

- installation backup https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Backing-up-Qlik...

- audit trail backup https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Backing-up-Qlik...

You can see the details of the content of the backup in:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/What-exactly-is-backed-up-when-backing-up-NPrinting/m-p...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-BackUp-and-Restore-Qlik-NPrinting-Rep...

Details of connections, tasks, etc are stored in the repository, so you need the dump of the database and it is not possible to dump only some tables. Reports are a mix of database information and template files stored on the filesystem. You need both. 

Qlik NPrinting doesn't have a native backup scheduler, you have to, for example, create a script and schedule it with Windows scheduling tools. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @_Adam_ ,

If I create Backups using Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe will I be able to restore a specific reports from it ?

NO. When you create a backup it will include everything. When you restore it will restore everything and DELETE everything there already is in the installation. 

If you have to extract a single report you can create a sandbox installation of the same version of Qlik NPrinting you backuped, restore, export the report via button and then delete the installation on the sandbox.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Only the documented backup and restore procedures are supported:

- installation backup https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Backing-up-Qlik...

- audit trail backup https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Backing-up-Qlik...

You can see the details of the content of the backup in:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/What-exactly-is-backed-up-when-backing-up-NPrinting/m-p...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-BackUp-and-Restore-Qlik-NPrinting-Rep...

Details of connections, tasks, etc are stored in the repository, so you need the dump of the database and it is not possible to dump only some tables. Reports are a mix of database information and template files stored on the filesystem. You need both. 

Qlik NPrinting doesn't have a native backup scheduler, you have to, for example, create a script and schedule it with Windows scheduling tools. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
_Adam_
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

Thank you for your helpful response.

I will try to perform the actions suggested in articales and see how it works and if it help us.
I saw there is also option to Export Reports in NPrinting, but its exporting single report at a time,
Is there is a way to export multiple reports at a time ?
That can also help me managing backups of reports..

Thanks again,
Adam

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, Export Reports button will export only the selected report template with related metadata like filters. Connections must be already created on the destination installation. It is intended to migrate templates from development to production installations or to clone a template, not to backup. It can only be run manually. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
_Adam_
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

Thank you for sharing with us this usefull information.
I have one more question regarding the 'Installation Backup & Restore' procedure.
If I create Backups using Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe will I be able to restore a specific reports from it ?
Or its more of like standard backup that will restore the entire system to the time backup was made.
For example:
If I created a new report yesterday, I have a backup from yesterday that includes the report,
today the report is deleted, can I restore that specifc report using the Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe ?

Just to clerify, we have a daily server backup that managed by our server admin team.

Thanks,
Adam

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @_Adam_ ,

If I create Backups using Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe will I be able to restore a specific reports from it ?

NO. When you create a backup it will include everything. When you restore it will restore everything and DELETE everything there already is in the installation. 

If you have to extract a single report you can create a sandbox installation of the same version of Qlik NPrinting you backuped, restore, export the report via button and then delete the installation on the sandbox.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero