cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TPoismans
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting Reports turn dates to text format after upgrade

Last Thursday we upgraded NPrinting from version November 2018 to version June 2020.

But since the upgrade, when we run our reports (mainly Excel en PDF), our dates have been formatted to text and thus display their numeric values.

I've checked our applications multiple times, the fields used are in dateformat, if we pull a table to Excel from the application, it displays the normal date. Only when a report (Type: Excel) is generated through NPrinting and the report makes use of the NPrinting Template Editor, the format changes.

Seeing a '44055' instead of 12/08/2020 makes the reports quite useless as our business can't go calculating, through Excell or some other way, what date '44055' is.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Tim P

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok - so you simply don't meet all requirements!

QV Aprlil 2020 is not supported. Roll back to supported version and then check again

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I find it a bit surprising that QV 12.5 is released without supporting NPrinting as earlier recommendations was to keep the NP and QV upgrades in sync.

I don't know if you have seen this, but there is also a blog post from early July on the topic by the support team. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Updates-Blog/Issues-with-QlikView-12-50-and-NPrinting/ba-...

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, Did you instal June 2020 Patch 1 version? I had the same issue in June 2020 but did not have it in June 2020 Patch 1. Release notes states that Patch 1 fixes it.  It was well known bug and was already widely discussed on community:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Variables-and-Formulas-no-longer-formatted-...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
TPoismans
Author

My colleague just installed the latest version, 20.19.5.0, and the issue is not solved.

We have around 88-90 reports that make use of date fields that are dimensions in our tables. These fields still get turned to text format and show as numbers.

Only workaround that works is importing the table to NPrinting Template Editor and creating a new table by dropping the fields separately into the excel sheet. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What is your QlikView version? Do you meet all requirements from https://help.qlik.com ?

If you do and you still have issues I suggest to open support ticket with Qlik support as there you will be able to openly share logs and maybe have a call with support representative.

TPoismans
Author

We are on QlikView April 2020, version 12.50.20000.0 (This is the initial release version, I think, SR1 was only recently released).

I'll open up a case with support and keep this thread updated.

Regards, Tim P.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok - so you simply don't meet all requirements!

QV Aprlil 2020 is not supported. Roll back to supported version and then check again

1.png

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I find it a bit surprising that QV 12.5 is released without supporting NPrinting as earlier recommendations was to keep the NP and QV upgrades in sync.

I don't know if you have seen this, but there is also a blog post from early July on the topic by the support team. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Updates-Blog/Issues-with-QlikView-12-50-and-NPrinting/ba-...

TPoismans
Author

Hey

Thanks for the informative link. We did test the export to Excel from our application, and while dates and such were formatted to text, they were still displayed as a date. We didn't specifically test for Excel reports through NPrinting, an oversight on our side. Didn't expect NPrinting to turn those "text dates" to their numeric value either though.

Guess we'll be downgrading to 12.40 on our test environment, checking all current issues and then downgrade on live.

Regards, Tim P.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi @Vegar 

I think support was taken out after release when Qlik guys noticed that there are bugs which could not be easily fixed. Funny enough when you look at help document you can see how things changed and evolved.. see screenshots of:

• NPrinting April 2020 release and requirements - nothing regarding QV April 2020
  • NPrinting June 2020 release and requirements - which explicitly says QV April 2020 12.50 is not supported. 

That being said you can always argue that NPrinting April 2020 supports QlikView April 2020 as per documentation. Obviously I am trying to be silly about it here, but when it comes to be precise it is what it is.

1.png2.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Tim,

Maybe think how long you can wait. NPrinting Sep 2020 is just around the corner and I think it will bring support for QlikView Aprli 2020...

just a thought.

btw - TP release will be available in few days to confirm