Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheLazyDeveloper

NPrinting Repository Database Report Table

In the NPrinting Repository Database, I am trying to find where I associate which data connections a NPrinting report is utilizing. 

The entities_xml field looks to have the data connection inside but it is not for all my reports. 

Wondering if it is in another table besides report,task,data conneciton. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

the field you are pointing to ("entities_xml") is definitelly the correct one for objects used in template based reports. In single report you may have 1 or many connections so connection is not really part of the report structure, but object used within the template. 

Then you also can have entity reports which dont have templates and they need to be looked at separately:

EntityReports:
LOAD upper(id) as ReportID, 
	upper(qlik_view_entity_id) as qlik_view_entity_id;
SELECT "id",
	"report_type_id",
	"qlik_view_entity_id"
FROM "public"."report"
where "report_type_id"='QlikEntity';

left join (EntityReports)
LOAD upper(id) as qlik_view_entity_id, 
	upper(data_connection_id) as [EntityReportConnectionID];
SELECT "id",
	"data_connection_id"
FROM "public"."qlik_view_entity";

the whole thing is already worked out in NPrinting GovernanceDashboard app so just have a look there:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-NPrinting-Governance-Dashboard-Version-...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

the field you are pointing to ("entities_xml") is definitelly the correct one for objects used in template based reports. In single report you may have 1 or many connections so connection is not really part of the report structure, but object used within the template. 

Then you also can have entity reports which dont have templates and they need to be looked at separately:

EntityReports:
LOAD upper(id) as ReportID, 
	upper(qlik_view_entity_id) as qlik_view_entity_id;
SELECT "id",
	"report_type_id",
	"qlik_view_entity_id"
FROM "public"."report"
where "report_type_id"='QlikEntity';

left join (EntityReports)
LOAD upper(id) as qlik_view_entity_id, 
	upper(data_connection_id) as [EntityReportConnectionID];
SELECT "id",
	"data_connection_id"
FROM "public"."qlik_view_entity";

the whole thing is already worked out in NPrinting GovernanceDashboard app so just have a look there:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-NPrinting-Governance-Dashboard-Version-...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
David_Friend
Support
Support

@TheLazyDeveloper yeah just use the Np Governance Dashboard (like Lech mentioned)

TheLazyDeveloper
Author

Thank you! I was originally pulling the scripts from our NP Gov app but realized it was modified by a prior dev on our team which resulted in the connections being incorrect. Uploaded the latest version of the NP Governance dashboard and its providing me with the information I need.