1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Ok @Malek2

Check that 

• the downloaded NPrinting install files are in an 'unblocked' state

If any other version of NPrinting has been installed here previously or other unrelated software is installed, it would be recommended to reinstall Windows 2019 server OS to ensure a clean start before installing NPrinting Server. (or if this target W2019server has been repurposed for use with NPrinting). It is best to have a clean slate when installing NPrinting for the first time.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Try to follow the steps described in https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/QlikNPrinting-April-2019-Error-0x80070643-Failed-to-install-...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Malek2
Partner - Contributor III
Author

hello,

i tryed it and the same problem still persists 

thanks

Digvijay_Singh

Just wanted to share my similar experience on last weekend, There could be plenty of problems causing the rollback but we had these two problems - 

1. Our regular infra updates were going on in the server and that caused the rollback once.

2. We didn't have enough space in the C: drive, it needs around 30-40 GB to upgrade to Nov 2021, not sure about other versions.

I am sure every upgrade issue might trigger rollback but this is what I experienced recently.

Thanks, 

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Malek2

Do this:

• Restart your NP server
  • Start the Windows Resource Monitor
  • Find and Kill the epmd.exe process (erlang)
  • Attempt upgrade again.

If this doesn't resolve, please start a support case so we can review in greater detail.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Malek2
Author

hello @Frank_S ,

im not doing an upgrade, im doing a new installation 

so that i didn't find any  process with this name epmd.exe

Frank_S
Support
Support

Ok @Malek2

Check that 

• the downloaded NPrinting install files are in an 'unblocked' state

If any other version of NPrinting has been installed here previously or other unrelated software is installed, it would be recommended to reinstall Windows 2019 server OS to ensure a clean start before installing NPrinting Server. (or if this target W2019server has been repurposed for use with NPrinting). It is best to have a clean slate when installing NPrinting for the first time.

Kind regards...

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You could also try to run the setup as an administrator. Right click on the setup.exe file and select Run as Administrator.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Malek2
Author

hello,

thanks for help guys.

Regrads 

Frank_S
Support
Support

New Article: