Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

NPrinting Word to PDF with Bookmarks

Hi all,

I'd like to understand if it is possible to have NPrinting (April 2019) add native PDF Bookmarks to the PDF printed report using the Table of Contents created in the Word template.

It looks like my Word templates are correctly identifying the Table of Contents and generating it ok at runtime.
The same report printed as PDF won't add Bookmarks.

Are there any options to have NPrinting do this?

Thanks

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Ciao Francesco!

Yes, add headers style to Word template titles:

Set titles style.png

Then add the normal Word ToC :

Insert ToC.png

Attached the result.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I've opened the PDF result with both SumatraPDF and Acrobat Reader and I can't seem to access the Bookmarks of the PDF file (no option on the Navigation menu left of this doc):

Adobe ReaderAdobe Reader

meanwhile this example PDF with Bookmarks lets me access them:

image.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Let me to investigate deeper. I made some tests today without success.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

did you by chance find anything on this?

Thanks
Francesco

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I investigated and bookmarks are not created in reports in PDF generated from Word templates. I added a new feature request.

PixelPerfect can create pdf bookmarks, so evaluate if you can use it.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero