Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiberiu_paval
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

NPrinting does not export Set Analysis

Hello,

I have an NPrinting report that takes data from a table in QlikView. In some of the expressions in the table SET Analysis is used.
NPrinting fails to export to the EXCEL report the data in those columns that use SET Analysis.
Is there an incompatibility?

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello

I have not been able to reproduce the issue that you are experiencing.

If you have constructed set analysis correctly then it seems to work fine. See image of test report and output below.

If however you have unsupported items in your QVW, this might explain why you are having the issue.

See Unsupported QlikView Document item... - Qlik Community - 1714896

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
tiberiu_paval
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

But I have other expressions that are exported correctly. So in my report, the expressions that contain SET Analysis are not exported and the others that do not contain SET Analysis are exported correctly.
This is why I don't think there would be any unsupported objects present.

Frank_S
Support
Support

I recommend you double check for unsupported items. 

Further, I've also done testing in a QVW and it seems to work fine.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @tiberiu_paval 

Set analysis is working properly for sure so that statement is incorrect.  

• What is the syntax of set analysis you are trying to use
  • as Frank mentioned have you configured supported qvw file (no triggers, no always one selected values - check hidden fields)
  • are you trying to run report in the task or as OnDemand report
    • if it is OnDemand report - are you setting any variables by using user inputs (input box or actions on buttons?)

Clearly you are doing something wrong , but you may need to help us understand what you are doing by providing screenshots of all steps/components taking part in that proces. 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You may have alternate states which are supported.

• That would be exact scenario where some expressions with set analysis work and some don't
  • You could use variable which gets reset and in QlikView UI gets triggered but in NPrinting doesnt as triggers are not supported

The point is - it has never happened for last 10+ years I work with NPrinting that something like this would happen and honestly with the way NPrinting works with QlikView i dont think it is even possible to have this kind of problem, so reason is in the way you have your qvw built. Since we cannot see it we will not be able to say what is it. You may remove section access if there is one and reduce & scramble data (there are built in options in qlikview to do that) and put your file here so we can have a look.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.